Avon Advance Techniques Lotus Shield Frizz Control 2 oz  » Health  »
2.5
  • I didn’t really look at the size of the bottle before ordering, so when it came in and I saw it was only two ounces, I was a little surprised and disappointed
  • The first time I put some on my hair, I found it to be a bit gooey, but not as oily feeling as similar products had been
  • This claim, I believe, is true– although with each wash, the effectiveness of controlling the frizz was diminished a bit
  • I really don’t see how it is cost effective, because what you pay for this product is so much more than it compensates for any difference that you might have saved
  • I do not recommend this product, even though it does perform as it says it does to at least some degree--I just don’t think it is practical

• by reviewabit

I ordered this product from Avon to round out the order so I could participate in a special promotion. I had tried another brand of frizz serum before that claimed it would control frizz for several days, and it didn’t work, but I couldn’t find anything else I wanted, so I gave this one a shot. I didn’t really look at the size of the bottle before ordering, so when it came in and I saw it was only two ounces, I was a little surprised and disappointed.

If this product works as it is supposed to, you should only have to apply it about every three days or three shampoos. The first time I put some on my hair, I found it to be

a bit gooey, but not as oily feeling as similar products had been.

It did a fairly good job of controlling the frizzy back portion of my hair, at least as good as most other brands had done. It looked shiny and healthy, and frizz was replaced with its natural wave.

The fragrance was pleasant, a feminine and airy floral “lotus” scent, that tended to stay in your hair, but only the first day. When I shampooed my hair the first time after applying, I felt that it did not get clean, which I suppose was the idea- that the product did not wash out for three days.

This claim, I believe, is true– although with each wash, the effectiveness of controlling the frizz ...

• was diminished a bit. By the time it was due for another application, I was ready to use a clarifying shampoo and strip all of it out, because I felt like the buildup was weighing down my hair, and I felt that if I reapplied it now, it would get even worse.

I had to wonder what the real benefit is of using a product that stays in your hair through three shampoos. It’s not like it is difficult or time consuming to apply a frizz serum.

Why would you want to rely on the half-diminished effects of it while waiting for the next time you were supposed to put some on? Why not just use a standard serum, then you could just wash it out,

and put it back in fresh where it would work better. I really don’t see how it is cost effective, because what you pay for this product is so much more than it compensates for any difference that you might have saved.

Anyway, if it takes three shampoos to get it out, how many does it take to get out the eventual build up from using it over and over? I guess I just don’t “get” this product. I think I will stick to products I can use as needed, and that will come out of my hair when I am ready for them to.

I do not recommend this product, even though it does perform as it says it does to at least some degree–I just don’t think it is practical.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3424061500390330/k2311a0624/6.24.11