Source Naturals Sublingual Melatonin Peppermint 2.5 mg 240 ct  » Health  »
  • I have been taking amitriptyline for years to combat this problem, and it is very effective
  • I learned the hard way and had headaches, nausea, and horrible nightmares
  • I was getting ready to give up, but someone suggested that it might be a digestive issue with them, and I should try the sub-lingual tablets
  • I found the Source sub-lingual melatonin at a local store and started taking it every night
  • I have to agree that the delivery of the product is better as a sub-lingual

• by reviewabit

I have a sleep disorder, related to fibromyalgia, where my brain will not stay in the deepest stage of sleep for a long enough period of time to allow my body to recover. This pays havoc with every body system, including the muscles and nerves. I have been taking amitriptyline for years to combat this problem, and it is very effective. However, it does hold the potential for a long list of side effects, and I have had a few of them already.

I wanted to try and stop the drug, and get onto something more natural and less risky. Before I say any more– a warning. Never stop taking amitriptyline suddenly.

It must be gradually reduced. I learned the hard way and had headaches, nausea, and horrible

nightmares! I learned how to gradually reduce the dose while adding in the natural remedies to make up the slack. I tried a few things, and one of the first was melatonin.

At first I used the regular tablets, and only got sporadic results from them. I was getting ready to give up, but someone suggested that it might be a digestive issue with them, and I should try the sub-lingual tablets. I found the Source sub-lingual melatonin at a local store and started taking it every night.

It is a 2. 5 mg. tablet, and one is usually sufficient.

They have a pleasant peppermint taste and dissolve fairly quickly. I have to agree that the delivery of the product is better as a sub-lingual. I ...

• got much more consistent effects from using this product than the other melatonins I tried.

I got an almost immediate effect of feeling sleepy. For the first week, I was pretty convinced that this was going to work, as I slept fairly well, even though I was only taking a quarter of the sleep medication I normally took at the time. I had already tried this with another melatonin brand, and found that it seemed to stop working after a week.

This time, it was several weeks before the decline in effect was noticed. I have heard other people mention this since, but at the time I was not aware of it– melatonin supplements, for some, seem to work better when they are taken sporadically, and not every

night. This seems to be the case with me too.

As much as I wanted it to work as a permanent solution, it simply stopped working every time I got into the pattern of taking it every night for a couple of weeks. I believe this is the problem, and it is with melatonin in general, not any particular brand or type. If you are having trouble with standard melatonin tablets not seeming to get into your system, I can honestly say that you will probably get better results from these sub-lingual ones.

It may or may not work long term, but they do really help at times, and do not cause side effects or make you feel spaced out or drunk, just sleepy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3424061500340330/k2311a0624/6.24.11