Garden of Life Super Seed Beyond Fiber 600 grams  » Health  »
  • I have taken my share pf psyllium fiber, which is the popular one, but it is not the best
  • The only problem is the usual one when it comes to fiber supplements– the taste and texture
  • It would be great if you could use it in baking, because I think as a muffin form it would be wonderful, but if specifies that you should only mix it with room temperature or cooler food
  • You can mix a scopp with water or milk, but I don’t recommend it
  • I believe it supports the health in general

• by reviewabit

I take fiber regularly to help treat the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome, and for general health and to help lower cholesterol. I have taken my share pf psyllium fiber, which is the popular one, but it is not the best. Natural fiber from food sources is always best, but there are a few products out there that set the bar and this is one of them. Garden of Life fiber has a whole food fiber blend that uses flax meal, chia seed, amaranth sprouts, quinoa, millet, buckwheat, garbanzo bean sprout, kidney bean, lentil, flax, sunflower, pumpkin, chia, and sesame sprout.

But it does not stop with fiber. It also adds in quite an impressive array of probiotics: lactobacillus plant arum, lactobacillus rhamnosus

bifidobacterium lactis, lactobacillus salivations, bifidobacterium bifidum, bifidobacterium brave, lactobacillus casey, and lactobacillus acidophilus. Whew! I will admit I don’t know what all of those are, but they must be good! This is a product that has your intestinal health covered.

The only problem is the usual one when it comes to fiber supplements– the taste and texture. I am not gonna lie, this stuff is not pleasant to take. It is not as bad as some, but it is not something you will crave.

It would be great if you could use it in baking, because I think as a muffin form it would be wonderful, but if specifies that you should only mix it with room temperature or cooler food. That is a shame. You ...

• can mix a scopp with water or milk, but I don’t recommend it.

It turns to a gelatinous mass and is difficult to get down. It has a strong cinnamon taste to it, and a very natural grainy sort of background flavor. I have tried mixing it with applesauce and that seems to be the easiest for me.

The cinnamon goes well with the apple flavor. I just try to pretend it is an apple pie smoothie. It’s quite a stretch of the imagination, but I manage.

I have also mixed it in with cereal, but wasn’t impressed with that. I don’t think you will have any problems convincing yourself to drink the recommended fluids with this one– you will want to wash it

down, as far as it can go. I have to say, this product has done a better job with my IBS symptoms than any other ever has.

I think the combination of the whole food fiber and probiotics is really good for the gut, and probably has effects that are farther reaching than that. I believe it supports the health in general. It helps to decrease appetite for me, as after taking it, I feel that I have eaten a large amount.

It is not an uncomfortable feeling, just a fullness, and it prevents me from overeating later. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for the mother of all fiber supplements, which is all natural, vegetarian, and so healthy you can’t even fault it for tasting terrible.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3424061500300330/k2311a0624/6.24.11