Kaplan University
  • I have been to three online schools and I would have to say that Kaplan has the best format
  • I love the writing center you can submit a paper and get pointers on it before you turn it into your professor
  • Kaplan's professors and instructors are very knowledgeable and friendly so far in my experience
  • The only thing I don't like about Kaplan is the tuition
  • I recommend this school as long as you do your research and make sure that there isn't a better deal for your money out there

• by Jocelyn Hunter

Kaplan University is a regionally accredited school. That’s very important because degrees from schools that are not regionally accredited are usually not worth very much. This may translate into difficulty in finding a job, or if you want to transfer your credits to a regionally accredited school they will usually not honor credits from non-accredited schools. No matter what school you attend check out their accreditation, it should be regional.

I have been to three online schools and I would have to say that Kaplan has the best format. Their site is easy to navigate, the classrooms are designed well. In addition to your online classroom you will have a degree plan which

lists all of the classes you have taken, as well as the classes you still need to complete.

This is really handy with open electives as there is a description of each class so you will have enough information to decide what interests you the most. Kaplan also has an online library and math and writing centers. I love the writing center you can submit a paper and get pointers on it before you turn it into your professor.

There is also live tutorial help. I did not find all of these extras at my other schools, not even close. Kaplan’s professors and instructors are very knowledgeable and friendly so far in my ...

• experience.

Grading has been fair, and the assignments are challenging. I also like that unlike other schools they do not lump you into teams, this is a frustrating practice because too often not every team member pulls their weight and a large percentage of your grade usually depends on the “team” assignment. Thankfully, Kaplan does not do this!

The only thing I don’t like about Kaplan is the tuition.

Kaplan charges a low per credit tuition amount, but their classes are all 5 or 6 credits, whereas most schools are 3 or 4. So, you will be paying the same if not more than some of those higher per credit schools like Phoenix

University. Admissions will be pushy because it is sales related; all online schools in my experience are like this.

I have went through a lot of them researching where to go. I also thought that financial aid was really poorly managed compared to the other schools I have been to. The departments don’t communicate well at this school.

However, for the most part you will be dealing with your academic adviser and I have had a great one. Kaplan offers a lot of degree programs and is expanding still. I recommend this school as long as you do your research and make sure that there isn’t a better deal for your money out there.

Just remember that regional accreditation!

Kaplan University
    dina says :

how much is the tuition rooms books and everything else?

Jules Li says :

Dina, here’s a link that details the tuition and fees:

Misty says :

Hi, I was wondering if you get a LPN diploma at Kaplan can you transfer to another college to get your RN? Thanks Misty

Jules Li says :

Misty, this would depend on which college you’re planning to transfer to. I suggest contacting the transfer college to see if it’s possible.

Gaurav Agrawal says :

I am applying for KAPLAN-APMI Singapore for BBA degree as a foreign candidate, of Indian origin. Is this Kaplan Singapore and Kaplan University is the same? What is your say on this?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 501504150030430/k2311a0415/4.15.07