HP USB Flash Drive v210w - 8GB  » Electronics  »
  • The space is sometimes a bit insufficient for me but this is not a problem for the people considering buying this because there is a 16 GB version
  • I believe both of these features might prove useful at some point, I still haven't used them but they are great, in my opinion
  • It has a convenient clip – this allows you to carry the USB in your pocket, or wallet, or purse, without any worries of it falling out
  • I thought that it would get dirty easily because it doesn't have a cap but I was wrong - it is actually pretty useful that it doesn't have one - you can insert it quickly and easily
  • As a whole, I would definitely recommend this flash drive to anyone who is searching for a great design combined with good parameters

• by PolinaGaneva

I received this flash drive as a gift so I didn’t choose it myself, yet I am still very happy with the product. The space is sometimes a bit insufficient for me but this is not a problem for the people considering buying this because there is a 16 GB version.

First, it is a high speed USB and I am quite satisfied with the time it takes to move files - it is fast and there

are rarely any problems.

It is compatible with both Mac and PC and has portable data sharing. I believe both of these features might prove useful at some point, I still haven’t used them but they are great, in my opinion.

It has no problems with the drivers, at least mine didn’t - from the second it is connected to the computer or the console (or TV, or stereo, or anything) it is ready to use. I haven’t ...

• had any problems with it being write-protected either.

Finally, the design is what astounds me - it is so beautiful! This model is very slim and light (around 5g, if I recall correctly) which makes it very portable. The metal body is also very durable. It has a convenient clip – this allows you to carry the USB in your pocket, or wallet, or purse, without any worries of it falling out.

I thought that it would

get dirty easily because it doesn’t have a cap but I was wrong - it is actually pretty useful that it doesn’t have one - you can insert it quickly and easily. Also, one or two blows in the insertable area are enough to clean the dust or whatever there is in there.

As a whole, I would definitely recommend this flash drive to anyone who is searching for a great design combined with good parameters.

srujan says :

Hay, I bought a HP USB V210W 8GB pen drive just a day ago now when i try to connect to my pc while connecting i can sence a light electric shock but i also used other things like usb cables, when i touch this cable end, i can sence the shock. My question is do all usb port transmit current to usb drives? and when i connect my usb drive i.e., HP USB Pen Drive V210W which has a metal coat gets heated up so u guys think because of electricity passing through that its getting heated up or the problem is in my pen drive

PolinaGaneva replies :

srujan My USB flash drive gets really hot too. Sometimes I experience your problem with the shock but it is only when the product is not properly put in the USB port. For now I haven`t had any other problems. I asked about the heat and I got a reply stating that this is normal as other USN flash drives have bigger boxes and the heat is distributed evenly and therefore normal bigger drives don`t get that hot. Hope this helps a bit.

Galega says :

Long use of pen drives when it is inserted for long, then it can get heated up. That’s not an issue if it is happening only after using it continuously for prolong duration. As for electric shock, I think that should be minor which is unlikely to cause any harm.

sribabu says :

i also recently bought hp v218 pen drive … there is no problem with it… and the reading speed is 18 mb per second and writing speed is 8 mb per second… the main problem is occured is it is very when connected to the computer while coppying or reading any files from it… so please frnds tell me is it problem in future?

Jules Li says :

Sribabu, I don’t fully understand the question here. It seems like you may have left a word out after “it is very”. Re-state the question differently so that it’s more understandable.

sribabu says :

pen drive is very hot when i connects to the system… i suggest you to buy another pen drive

Galega says :

What happened when it is connected to computer? As for writing and reading speed, I don’t see any problem. If it is getting heated up way more than expected, then try to use it for shorter duration, continuously.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1624061500190330/k2311a0624/6.24.11