SanDisk Cruzer Micro 4GB Flash Drive  » Electronics  »
  • Here is basically my experience with using the Sandisk Cruzer Micro
  • The disadvantage with these applications is that they take up a lot of space

• by MisterTickle

I got the SanDisk Cruzer Micro 4GB Flash Drive mainly because of the back up system. It has a U3 backup system, which I findvery well built. I have tried a couple of security software, but they are not as well built compared to the Sandisk Cruzer Micro. Here is basically my experience with using the Sandisk Cruzer Micro.

The Sandisk Cruzer Micro has a 4GB capacity and it uses a USB 2.0 connection. There is no lid involved as it is a retractable flash memory device. This device is compatible with almost all Windows operating system. If you have Windows 2000 or higher (XP, Vista, 2007), then

you can use this product.

The Sandisk Cruzer Micro comes with one preloaded software and it is the U3 system. The Sandisk Cruzer Micro U3 is mainly a security program to protect against unauthorized access. When I insert the Sandisk Cruzer Micro into the computer, U3 will launch and I will be prompted to enter my password. I have three tried before the Sandisk Cruzer Micro locks down. Inside the U3 menu, there are many more features. I can actually install applications from the U3 marketplace. Many applications are free, but some are paid. There are so many applications to choose from. There are games and other security programs ...

• including password managers. The disadvantage with these applications is that they take up a lot of space. This means you have less room for your own files. The U3 software itself takes up only a couple of megabytes of space. The U3 program itself isn’t big, but the applications in the U3 program take up a lot of space. Some applications available for download include Skype, Avast Antivirus, and Sign-Up shield. The U3 also has an important feature, which is the Cruzer Sync. You can actually sync and back up files through the Cruzer Sync. I’m not sure if this is reliable, especially manually unplugging the flash with
        U3 still running. I’m not sure if this will corrupt the USB and the Cruzer Sync. It is pretty well built, but I am concerned about this part.

Overall, this is a decent product. The transfer speed is average. It took 17 minutes to transfer a 400 MB file. It takes quite a while, but I don’t expect a lot from this cheap product. The price for the Sandisk Cruzer Micro is only $9.99. I got this product off of Amazon.com. The shipping took a week and a half. It is almost two weeks. Since shipping does not occur on weekends, my package got delayed a bit for until the business day.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1623061500140130/k2311a0623/6.23.11