Western Digital Passport 250 GB External Hard Drive  » Hardware  »
  • Though you can get a lot bigger nowadays and for a reasonable price, I believe that you can never have enough space because you will just pile more and more data if you have it
  • Unlike the newer drives with greater capacities, I think these older drives are more reliable

• by wickeddude12

Capacity The capacity for this drive is adequate for me these days. Though you can get a lot bigger nowadays and for a reasonable price, I believe that you can never have enough space because you will just pile more and more data if you have it. I, for one, can put up with this size since our file sizes are not that big yet. When I run out of space, I just trim the fat and get rid of files that I do not need or appreciate.

Reliability This hard drive is reliable. It has never broken down on me so far and I have

yet to lose any data to it. Unlike the newer drives with greater capacities, I think these older drives are more reliable.

Transfer speed I can get speeds that are by no means slow. Though it is not as fast as my Patriot Xporter flash drive (obviously since it is SSD)

Noise level This drive is as quiet as a dead mouse. I cannot even feel the vibrations of a spinning drive when I put my hand on it. Yes, it is that quiet and it should stay that way. However, on occasion, I do hear clicking noises when the hard drive is seeking and ...

• needs to access data.

Aesthetic design The one I have is a sleek black all over. There are rubber grips on the four corners of the botton of the hard drive that make it have lots of safe traction. I have never dropped this thing or have ever had it fall off of a table. The hard drive has a low profile and is small. That is what I love about this. You do not need to spend money on small little flash drives, but rather spend money on a higher capacity drive whose size is such a bargain for the price it is

offered at.

There is a white light that shows right beside the USB connection on the drive. It blinks whenever the drive is accessing or reading the cylinders in the case. This is a nice feature, but I find it too bright. Maybe a blue LED might be a better option?

An included drawstring pouch with the hard drive gives additional protection when I am transferring it physical from one location to another. This is a great addition that is also missing for the newer drives.

All in all, an excellent drive that is reliable, small and sleek looking. This gets the job done and I cannot give any external drive a higher recommendation.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3323061500100130/k2311a0623/6.23.11