Forza 3 Motorsport for Xbox 360  » Games  »
  • This is an impressive and beautiful game that really gets me revved up for a real driving experience
  • There are several hundred cars (I think about 600 cars)
  • Even though this kind of pales in comparison to Gran Turismo 4’s number of cars, the cars found in Forza are much better in my opinion and are more life-like and include all the intricacies of each and every car
  • I am really impressed by the feedback, comfortableness, and intuition behind a game controller controlling a real car

• by wickeddude12

Forza 3 is my first entry into the series. I have played around in the automobile simulation industry with Sony’s Gran Turismo but I have to admit that I never really got that far into, as I have with Forza.

I mainly am a fan of those arcade racers where you can do cool stunts and start awesome explosions like the Burnout series or the Need for Speed series. However, I have to hand it to Turn 10 studios who made Forza. This is an impressive and beautiful game that really gets me revved up for a real driving experience. My brother in law is a big fan of cars, but even though I am a boy, I have never

really gotten too excited by cars even in the British TV car show called Top Gear. Forza gets me really excited for real cars and car racing.

Car selection The car selection is top notch. There are several hundred cars (I think about 600 cars). Even though this kind of pales in comparison to Gran Turismo 4’s number of cars, the cars found in Forza are much better in my opinion and are more life-like and include all the intricacies of each and every car. I think the employees at Turn 10 studied the cars much better than the employees at Sony. Each model of car is beautifully showcased in the showroom or on the road in a race.

Downloadable ...

• content Then besides the cars that come with the game, there are a countless number of downloaded cars made available via DLC or downloadable content. I think I have downloaded at least an additional 100 cars, including the new 2011 model of the TSX V6 that my sister actually acquired recently. Since I do not have insurance, it was really cool to be able to drive her car not in real life, but in Forza 3. It is a really stable and powerful car in the game and satisfyingly it is the same thing in real life as my brother in law and sister has attested to.

Controls The controls are top notch and even rival the controls of a wheel

and gearbox controller. I am really impressed by the feedback, comfortableness, and intuition behind a game controller controlling a real car.

Improvements I would like to have a cockpit view of car when I am racing local multiplayer. I think they stopped people from being able to do this because of the harsh requirements of being able to render two cockpits on the same TV with the same Xbox. However, I am confident that you can accomplish this through a system link of more than one Xbox or online, so it is not that big of a deal.

All in all, a highly recommended racing simulator. It will get you excited for real cars even though it is a videogame. Great for teens and adults alike.

David Rodriguez says :

Best racing game ever.

Chris Cranston says :

100% agree, if anything i think they lost the forza feel a little with 4 and 5.

3 will always be my favourite.

joe majewski says :

great review on the game

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2823061500070130/k2311a0623/6.23.11