Airphil Express airlines versus Cebu pacific airlines  » Airlines  »
  • My husband and I availed of their maiden trip to Singapore last February and I was truly impressed with their service
  • I would certainly recommend this airline to those who want low value fares and quality service
  • I will definitely be booking my flights via this airline

• by krizi

I once had negative thoughts about airlines who advertised very cheap fares. My concept of these airlines was shaped because of Cebu Pacific’s bad history of always having delayed flights, having huge hidden charges while offering low fares and the fact that they now ask you to pay for your check-in baggage!

But Airphil has changed all that. My husband and I availed of their maiden trip to Singapore last February and I was truly impressed with their service.

We bought our tickets online and we finished right away. I tried Cebu Pacific

and there was one time when I was inputting our details plus our credit card number when the page expired! I immediately contacted their hotline and was told that I had to call our bank to check if I had a floating charge.

I was outraged because I was in a hurry to book those flights since it was under their promo fares. I asked them to check their system if my booking had gone through and they said they cannot check since It happened just about an hour ago.

Wow, what kind ...

• of hotline is that? I had to call the bank and they told me that charges will only be reflected at the end of the day and they will inform me by the next day. I called Cebu Pacific again and informed them about what the bank said.

I talked to them for about an hour on my cellphone which incurred big charges. That incident made me decide never to buy Cebu Pacific fares again.

Check-in went smoothly and a fee was not collected for our check-in baggage. They allow 15kg for free

but charge per kilo if you exceed whereas Cebu Pacific charges you even for the first 15kg and all you get for free is your carry on.

We boarded the airplane on time and we arrived in Singapore right on the dot as they had estimated. My friends have also attested to Airphil’s good service since they have also tried going to Singapore via this airline.

I would certainly recommend this airline to those who want low value fares and quality service. Good job Airphil! I will definitely be booking my flights via this airline.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4023061500060130/k2311a0623/6.23.11