Due Date: Movie  » Movies  »
  • Due Date is a comedy film that I really enjoyed, despite going into it with a slight bit of pessimism due to previous reviews I’d heard
  • I think this kind of thing can only work if it has some form of crude humour and Due Date definitely brings that to the table
  • Both actors have had success in recent years and I can only imagine the movie executives wanted to put together two big movie stars and hope for the best
  • I would definitely class him as one of my favourite comedy directors over the past couple of years
  • You can’t go wrong with this combination in my opinion, I’m fully hoping for some kind of sequel within the next couple of years

• by Matt

Due Date is a comedy film that I really enjoyed, despite going into it with a slight bit of pessimism due to previous reviews I’d heard.

It was much better than I expected, and had a number of laugh out loud moments that make me want to watch it again and again.

I thought the plot was fairly simple; a cross-country road-trip between two guys, but it was definitely effective. I think this kind of thing can only work if it has some form of crude humour and Due Date definitely brings

that to the table.

Both of the stars Zach Galifianakis and Robert Downey Jr were superb; I haven’t seen much of the latter in a comedy role (besides Tropic Thunder) but thought he played it very well, even if it wasn’t his character being funny that made you laugh, but his actions and reactions to his road-trip buddy.

Both actors have had success in recent years and I can only imagine the movie executives wanted to put together two big movie stars and hope for the best. Luckily for them, it worked.

• The two gelled very well and there was a lot of chemistry between them – I can’t imagine one without the other.

Todd Phillips, the director who also worked with Galifianakis on The Hangover movies, was very good.

I would definitely class him as one of my favourite comedy directors over the past couple of years. He just knows when and how to include jokes that will have the maximum impact on the audience, and the ability to shock you with what I described earlier as “crude humour.”

The film has many stand

out moments for me, I found the airport scenes at the beginning particularly funny.

I also enjoyed the cameos from the cast of Two and a Half Men at the end, I thought this added an extra something special and picked up on a running joke throughout the film.

I’d recommend this film to anyone who loved The Hangover, or anyone a fan of either the two stars. You can’t go wrong with this combination in my opinion, I’m fully hoping for some kind of sequel within the next couple of years.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1123061499991030/k2311a0623/6.23.11