Pio Pio, Peruvian Restaurant in Jackson Heights, New York  » Restaurants  »
84-02 Northern Blvd. Jackson Heights, N.Y. 11372
  • The food is delicious, the staff is wonderful, the environment of the place is just so perfect
  • Anyhow that doesn’t change anything that I love about this restaurant
  • Sometimes when I dine in I like to get the soup of the day, the last time I had that, I had some kind of chicken soup with potatoes
  • I know what you’re thinking…how unoriginal, but right when I put that spoon in my mouth I was amazed at how good it was for just chicken and potatoes
  • I highly recommend checking this place out if you haven’t done so already

• by Donna Liu

Pio Pio is one of my favorite restaurants to dine in. The Jackson heights restaurant is one of the original Pio Pio’s opened. The food is delicious, the staff is wonderful, the environment of the place is just so perfect. I just recently went again, and they have renovated the restaurant, it’s so much bigger now, ready to serve up to 50 people about. Anyhow that doesn’t change anything that I love about this restaurant.

Sometimes when I dine in I like to get the soup of the day, the last time I

had that, I had some kind of chicken soup with potatoes. I know what you’re thinking…how unoriginal, but right when I put that spoon in my mouth I was amazed at how good it was for just chicken and potatoes. Before you get the chicken you also have to have the Ensalada de Avocado, which is basically avocado salad.

Definitely when you go here, you have to eat the chicken, because that’s what it’s known for, their chicken pio! They have this succulent “green” sauce. You just drizzle some over your chicken and ...

• you see fireworks. I saw fireworks every single time I ate the chicken. Another good dish is the Calamar Frito, which is just fried calamari served with their homemade tomato sauce. Ceviche Mixto is a very different kind of dish, It’s basically a mix of fresh seafood marinated in lime juice with red onions and cilantro, also served with sweet potato, yellow corn, and potatoes.

As for the side dishes, I recommend the Saffron rice and Red beans of course, Tostones (deep fried plantains dipped in their own sauce), and the Salchipapas (fried

hot dogs mixed with fries). Pio Pio’s Sangria (Red wine with chopped fruits) is fantastic too, so make sure you get that.

All of the dishes, side dishes, and the Sangria are a fantastic selection, the thing is I can never choose which one I want, so when that happens I just get all of that. I always come out a happy camper. I highly recommend checking this place out if you haven’t done so already. You will not be disappointed! I hope this helps and you come out a happy camper too.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 723061499921230/k2311a0623/6.23.11