Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion
  • My whims aside, I agree that the lotion gives doses of moisture as regard to the product’s claims
  • Given the specific process of application involved (which I’ll explain later on), I love that it affords me some time to prep my skin in the morning
  • I paid twice its retail price (14 dollars), because it’s not sold in my location
  • Folks, I super recommend this hydrating lotion

• by jhunie

A major sensation in skincare has hit across asian shores for a while, and it is all about a peculiar type of moisturizer. I happened upon Hada Labo products while looking for a specific item at Multiply’s marketplace. I frequent this site whenever I shop for hard to find products available outside the country. A quick search informed me that Hada Labo products were praised by many. The Hada Labo moisturizing lotion, their best-seller, is a celebrity in the world of asian beauty products, and what makes it tick is that it maximizes the usual concentration of hyaluronic acid for maximum hydration. That simple formula sounded so good, and I was looking forward to using it as a lighter moisturizer over face creams. Well I underestimated this liquid toner’s

acclaimed moisturizing powers.

It’s true. The moisturizing lotion alone can hydrate adequately. Don’t underrate that the lotion plainly comes in liquid form as opposed to the thickening agents found in creams. The hyaluronic acid was, in fact, more emollient feeling than some of my moisturizers made for oily skin. My hands slide off my face, and the runny texture terribly feels like patting an intense serum. I arbitrarily detest super icky stuff, considering it can trigger my oily skin. My whims aside, I agree that the lotion gives doses of moisture as regard to the product’s claims. This would make a moisturizing elixir for dry skin. No doubt. Unless you live in Iceland or the Alps, I find the lotion’s moisturizing powers excessive under tropical climes.

I use

it as my AM moisturizing toner at home after cleansing. It’s very ideal to use the lotion the morning after using a light peel. It takes away the flaking faster than my preferred oil-free moisturizer, and that’s another testament to Hada Labo’s superb ability to hydrate the skin. I couldn’t brave the prospect of wearing it together with makeup though. Given the specific process of application involved (which I’ll explain later on), I love that it affords me some time to prep my skin in the morning. My skin gets better oil control inside my room, where airconditioning is around, than in normal room temperature. Since I use this mostly at home, there’s no point complaining that my skin gets oily, as always, by the end of the day.

• Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion
      Dry skin? Impossible.

Like I said, the liquid formula of the lotion summons specific and peculiar (but that’s just me) procedures in applying to skin. It can be fun. Or it can be slightly violent, as it requires slapping palms over your face. Basically, the idea is to pat the lotion with pressure around your face, as in pat with your hands in clockwise direction, to assist in the absorption of the moisturizer. I’ve done patting on several counts with skinfood’s emulsions, which also work as moisturizers. But for this toner, the liquid doesn’t seem to get absorbed after constant patting. I figured I was patting too lightly. You should do the patting more deliberately for the lotion. What gives the clear signal that I’m doing

it correctly is when my palm begin to stick (yeah, this lotion is not afraid of moisturizer stereotypes such as stickiness) to my face. My face really tugs as I pat along.

This routine has improved the texture of my skin to a slight degree. No more dry spells along the hair line, and it helps me shed the dry skin easily after my Mario Badescu drying mask. What remains later is baby-soft, elastic skin. I’d like to think too that treating my skin to a stimulating massage at AM helps me ward off wrinkles. Hyaluronic acid is truly great for the skin. I paid twice its retail price (14 dollars), because it’s not sold in my location. Folks, I super recommend this hydrating lotion. Go ahead and start patting.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3122061499770130/k2311a0622/6.22.11