Aquaphor by Eucerin Healing Ointment  » Health  »
  • I had to suffer the worst cracked lips in my life to determine the best antidote
  • A quick lip-smoothing fix before lipstick or any lip cosmetics, I found out, is to use a small amount of Aquaphor ointment as lip base
  • But I think it has something to do with my recurring dandruff and scalp shampoos
  • I absolutely recommend this product for treating chapped lips, and it’s fabulous under makeup too

• by jhunie

Everyone knows petroleum jelly is great for mending chapped lips. But not every brand of petroleum jelly is greater than Aquaphor healing ointment. I had to suffer the worst cracked lips in my life to determine the best antidote. It was easy to make scrubbing my lips almost a daily habit. I have my lip scrub to take care of dry lips. My lips shed a lot of dry skin in the morning, and it doesn’t matter what season or weather condition. It’s just…that. I scrub out dry skin constantly, yet I have nothing else but a tinted balm right now to soften crusty lips. For a long time, I’ve used products that are free of petrolatum, for fear that it’s bad for my skin. When Aquaphor came my way, it’s something my lips couldn’t have without.

Aquaphor literally healed my agitated, chapped lips overnight. In my sleep, I was in a semi-conscious state when I felt pain in my lips.

Hours later, I woke up with extremely cracked lips, and it was quite sore. I couldn’t even pucker my lips, because the stinging was overwhelming. It’s like pouring orange juice to a wound, or something. I faced the mirror seeing a cut in my lower lip, and worst of all, it was bleeding! I dashed off to get my lip balm, but the whole day, the pain became a full-time affair. It was by evening when I got Aquaphor, and it soothed the pain instantly. I applied it again overnight. The next morning, the dryness was gone like a bad dream.

This healing ointment is an excellent lip conditioner. While I much prefer wax and balmy textures than petroleum-based emollients, my dehydrated lips seem to drink up more of the moisture. The analogy is that – if lip balms already work as good-enough – then Aquaphor is the intensive lip conditioner. I will not gloss over the fact that Aquaphor,

• like other brands of petroleum jelly, has a texture slightly similar to car grease (the smell is another thing in other petroleum-laden products). It smothers my lips in a thick sticky layer, if applied excessively. Aquaphor, though, is non-scented.

Whatever lip balm I swipe on my lips, the dry scab of skin never gets softened and always shows up under lipstick. No lipstick, either, can stop the dents and flakes from appearing. Regardless what pigment I use, my lips just look unhealthy. It was a conundrum not one lippy (nor any) can solve, except that the only solution was to sweep away those dead skin by scrubbing. A quick lip-smoothing fix before lipstick or any lip cosmetics, I found out, is to use a small amount of Aquaphor ointment as lip base. This trick is extremely helpful prior to putting lipstick, even if you forgot to apply the ointment overnight. The ointment soothes the cracked texture of the lips within minutes, and

I find that my lips stay well-prepped and smooth the rest of the day. It really melts the layer of dry skin. Aquaphor is utterly superior to lip balms.

The healing ointment can be a skin-saver for other problems. For example, I used it to treat a scab in my nape. This scab just comes and goes. But I think it has something to do with my recurring dandruff and scalp shampoos. I’ve tried essential oils and lotions to get rid of that flaky skin, but it doesn’t go away. Only Aquaphor restores that dry patch of skin to normal. I’m still cautious to introduce this to my skin, especially for the face, not forgetting that it’s petrolatum (and mineral oil). So do take that in mind. This is readily available in drugstores for 5 dollars. I absolutely recommend this product for treating chapped lips, and it’s fabulous under makeup too. There’s no crack in the lips this ointment can’t fix.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3422061499760130/k2311a0622/6.22.11