L’Oreal Excellence To Go, 10 minute hair color in Medium Blonde #8  » Cosmetics  »
1.0
  • Although my hair is naturally brown, I prefer a light blonde shade, which requires me to do root touch-ups every week
  • So, when I saw this 10-minute hair color from L’Oreal on sale recently, I decided to try it
  • My problem was that it took me 10 minutes to apply all of the product
  • I noticed right away that the product was actually making my hair darker
  • Even though the 10 minute hair color seems like a good idea in theory, chance are you will end up disappointed, and maybe even spending more money like I did to repair the color damage done by this product

• by kaygen

I have been coloring my hair blonde for years. Although my hair is naturally brown, I prefer a light blonde shade, which requires me to do root touch-ups every week. Although it’s a lot of maintenance, it’s always been worth it to me in order to get the blonde results. I have used L’Oreal products for yours, and have been happy with them overall. So, when I saw this 10-minute hair color from L’Oreal on sale recently, I decided to try it. The hair color kit was on sale for only $6.99, which was quite a bit less expensive than what I normally paid for hair color.

I liked the idea of being able to color my hair in only 10 minutes, rather than the usual 25 that it

takes with other products. I also loved the color represented on the box. It was called medium blonde, but looked really light. The kit comes with 2 parts that you open and mix together in a bottle, then apply to your hair. I realized as soon as I started that I needed to apply the product super fast because it starts to color your hair instantly, and the directions say not to leave it on any longer than 10 minutes. My problem was that it took me 10 minutes to apply all of the product. So, I just left it on for an additional 5 minutes.

I noticed right away that the product was actually making my hair darker. This was not what I wanted to ...

• achieve. My hair turned out light brown rather than medium blonde. The color on the package is far lighter than the actual results. I didn’t like the mousy brown color of my hair, and ended up purchasing a highlighting kit to put more blonde into my hair.

The worst part about this coloring kit, though, is the after-color conditioner that comes with it. The smell of the conditioner is the strongest chemical smell you can imagine, it smells just awful. I rinsed it out immediately after applying it because it smelled so strong that my nose was burning. I would have expected the conditioner to have a strong scent, but I would think it would be a pleasant one. This was just horrible.

So, my overall experience

with this hair color kit was negative to say the least. I hated the color, hated the timing, hated the conditioner, hated the results. Although I normally like L’Oreal, this one is a miss. I would not recommend this product to anyone, especially if you are looking for blonde results. If someone is brave enough to try this product, I would just advise that the color shown on the box is no where near the results you will get. Be prepared for a darker result in the end. Even though the 10 minute hair color seems like a good idea in theory, chance are you will end up disappointed, and maybe even spending more money like I did to repair the color damage done by this product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3122061499751230/k2311a0622/6.22.11