Chris Christie’s Performance as governor
  • I believe he ran a wonderful campaign and I was impressed at how he was able to unseat a sitting governor
  • I agree with him on a lot of things but there are also some things that i don't agree with him on
  • His approval rating is currently in the 40's but I believe that's fairly good considering that New Jersey votes for democrats a lot more than Republicans and of course Chris Christie is a republican
  • He does get a lot of flack from the media due to the fact that he says what he means but I don't have a problem with it
  • In my opinion he seems to be dedicated to getting things done without actually caring about being re-elected which seems to be something that most politicians are concerned aboiut today

• by John

Chris Christie is the governor of New Jersey and he’s currently serving in his first term. He was first elected in 2009. He ran against the sitting governor and he was able to beat him. I believe he ran a wonderful campaign and I was impressed at how he was able to unseat a sitting governor. I agree with him on a lot of things but there are also some things that i don’t agree with him on. His approval rating is currently in the 40’s but I believe that’s fairly good considering that New Jersey votes for democrats a lot more than Republicans and of course Chris Christie is a republican.

What I most like about him is the fact that he always speaks plainly. Nowadays most politicians speak in a complicated way that’s hard to understand but I believe that he does a great job at connecting with regular people.

I don’t believe there’s any other governor that speaks as well as he does. He does get a lot of flack from the media due to the fact that he says what he means but I don’t have a problem with it.

Another thing that I believe is wonderful is that he seems to do a lot of townhall meetings. I’m not sure of the exact amount that he’s doin since being governor but it seems to be a lot more than other governors that I’ve followed so I believe this is wonderful. I believe that the fact that he is willing to take questions and comments from the voters shows that he cares about their beliefs. When he’s speaking about an issue or proposal I believe he does a great job at doing so.

One criticism that I do have about him is the relationship that he has had with the teacher’s union ...

• since he was elected. He has a very hostile relationship with them. Although I know he doesn’t agree with them a lot I believe he could have done a little more to work with them. The main issue was over making budget cuts that would have affected teachers. In a way it seemed as if he just put out a budget and just told them that they would have to settle for his cuts. I’m a big believer of compromise so I don’t believe this was a very good move. I believe that he has to learn to compromise with the democrats a little more for the rest of his term if he wants to get anything done. Another complaint that I have about him is that he seems to spend a lot of time out of state. I know he is considered to be a potential candidate
        for president but he has stated that he isn’t going to run so I believe he should stop doing so many interviews with the national press and focus more on New Jersey. One thing that I was disappointed by was when he decided to campaign for Meg Whitman for governor. She was campaigning in California and I just didn’t understand why he found it necessary to campaign in a state that he wasn’t even from. This was certainly something that I didn’t approve of.

Overall, I believe that he has done a fairly good job as governor considering the shape that the economy is in. Although I believe he did make a few missteps so far I would approve of the job that he has done. In my opinion he seems to be dedicated to getting things done without actually caring about being re-elected which seems to be something that most politicians are concerned aboiut today.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3622061499661230/k2311a0622/6.22.11