Highway 12 in Starkville, MS  » Travel  »
  • It's the most traveled road in town and it's the easiest way to get where you want to go in my opinion
  • The reason that I love driving it is because it essential goes right through the middle of town so no matter where I'm going I'm usually able to get there on this highway
  • I really love the fact that these have been completely eliminated because one of my major issues is with driving on a highway that's in very poor condition
  • I can say from experience that you get a nice comfortable smooth feel when driving on it
  • Overall, I believe it's a wonderful highway to travel

• by John

Considering that I’m from Starkville, MS I travel this highway a lot. It’s the most traveled road in town and it’s the easiest way to get where you want to go in my opinion. Once in Starkville the highway itself is about three miles long. It’s not a very long portion that’s located in the Starkville area but it’s still very beneficial in my opinion both to drive on and also for the places that are located here. The reason that I love driving it is because it essential goes right through the middle of town so no matter where I’m going I’m usually able to get there on this highway.

There was a lot of work and changes that were recently done to it. It’s in perfect condition. Starkville is quite a small town and some of the other roads are not in really good condition so I really appreciate

the nice condition that it’s in. Before there were improvements done there were a lot of rough spots in it. I really love the fact that these have been completely eliminated because one of my major issues is with driving on a highway that’s in very poor condition. Now the surface is very nice and smooth. I can say from experience that you get a nice comfortable smooth feel when driving on it. The entire thing is freshly painted so you can see all of the markings and lanes clearly on it so I believe that’s perfect.

Another thing that I love about it is that most of the places that I go to are located here. It has everything that you need. Most of the restaurants in town are here including a lot of fast food restaurants. Some stores and restaurants include McDonald’s, Taco Bell and Wal-Mart that’s ...

• just to name a few because there are so many other wonderful places here. Sometimes I can go along this highway and find everything that I need at once so I believe that’s wonderful. There isn’t another highway or road in town that provides access to so much without having to drive around to several different places.

There is usually a lot of traffic during midday hours like most highways but during most of the other hours the traffic flows quite smoothly. The speed limit along most of the highway is 45. You can travel it rapidly and it’s a lot faster to get where you’re going as compared to taking some of the other back roads. It is a four lane with two lanes on each side. Another thing that I really love about it is the fact that there aren’t a lot of stop lights. There are a

total of five stop lights throughout the entire highway which I don’t believe is much considering the length of it. The lights change fairly quickly and I love the fact that I don’t have to wait for a long period of time on the lights to change. When I’m driving it I’m usually able to keep a nice steady speed to get to where I’m going quickly. I would say that it takes about 10 minutes to get to the start of it to the end depending on the traffic of course.

Overall, I believe it’s a wonderful highway to travel. If you are visiting Starkville or driving through this is certainly the route that you want to take. It’s almost unavoidable if you plan on coming here. I have traveled along highway 12 several times and I don’t have any major complaints whatsoever about it. I would highly recommend it to anybody.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3822061499621230/k2311a0622/6.22.11