Asus Eee Pad Transformer
  • I enjoyed playing with it whenever I was bored
  • It also runs on an NVidia 2.1 GHz Tegra 2 with a 1GB DDR2 SDRAM which I think made the whole experience flawless
  • Seldom did I experience any lag, apps loaded right away after a single tap, videos played without any distinguishable pauses, and websites loaded in a snap
  • Video quality however was really choppy, so I wouldn't really recommend that anyone be obsessed with taking videos on this thing

• by Shuyi

Asus just flialed their latest tablet into the android market and it has the latest Android OS for the least price! At around $400, who knew that I could possibly own an Android Honeycomb tablet? Well, it certainly came as a shock to me but I was very happy nonetheless.

Asus Eee Pad Transformer (a really weird name if you ask me) is 10.7 inches long and is one of the largest android tablets that I own. At 0.51 inches thick, it is also one of the thickest tablets out there. I personally think that the size doesn’t matter. I enjoyed playing with it whenever I was bored. The big screen was always perfect for viewing youtube videos and sharing some activity with your seatmate. The size was just right for my hands and for my bag! On the exterior, Asus Eee Pad Transformer had this scale-like texture at the back which gave me a solid grip of the entire device.

However, this made it look a bit off from other tablets. I don’t know, the design was okay, perhaps if the color was changed to pure black, I would have loved it even more. Unlike other tablets like the iPad or Xoom, this tablet doesn’t have those smooth rounded corners. It didn’t really cut me or anything, I just think that it would have been a lot safer if it did have rounded corners.

Eee Pad Transformer also comes with a cheap keyboard dock. This is a really good alternative for those people who hated typing with the virtual keyboard (I am admittedly one of them). For some reason virtual keyboards are just not my thing. They make my typing progress so slow. Okay, as for the dock, well, it looks quite solid, however, I did have problems with it. Connecting the keyboard to the tablet has been one of my most frustrating experiences. For some reason, it was really difficult ...

• to insert the tablet into the dock because there were no indications on where to insert the proper stuff. I also found myself pushing the tablet hard enough just to feel it lock into the dock.

One of the things that really stunned me about this tablet however is Android Honeycomb 3.0. The built in OS is the latest in the Android kingdom which was fully optimized for the use of tablets! Other tablets which were loaded with previous ersions of the OS pretty much acted like a bigger version of a smartphone. In Honeycomb 3.0 however, things were much more different! Much cooler, if may say. Think of having a device from the Tron universe, with all that black background and glowing blue lines! Cool eh! It also runs on an NVidia 2.1 GHz Tegra 2 with a 1GB DDR2 SDRAM which I think made the whole experience flawless. If you are going to ask me about the performance,

I personally have no grudges against it! Seldom did I experience any lag, apps loaded right away after a single tap, videos played without any distinguishable pauses, and websites loaded in a snap. It was lightning fast!

Eee Pad features two cameras, one at the back and the other at the front. The rear facing camera had 5 mega pixel resolution while the other had 1.2 megapixel. Picture quality wasn’t bad, and it wasn’t good either. Just decent enough for uploading into social networking sites. Video quality however was really choppy, so I wouldn’t really recommend that anyone be obsessed with taking videos on this thing!

Battery life was better than I expected. Most of the time, I was able to keep it alive for 15 hours then it suddenly dies. But that’s already good enough right?

Overall, I think Asus Eee Pad Transformer is one of those tablets that lacks some love! It is an awesome tablet, I’m telling you! It is awesome!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1622061499371230/k2311a0622/6.22.11