E.L.F Studio Angled Contour Brush  » Cosmetics  »
  • I normally use the blending brush for blending eyeshadows but ever since I had tried it once for applying concealer under my eyes I thought it was the best method ever to get the most natural looking application without getting the concealer to be streaky or cakey
  • L.F Studio Brush collection and I found it them all to be of very good quality with well made sleek looking handles and all black appearance
  • S website is $3.00 but I had to fork out S$7.90 for it since I bought it on the local Singapore eBay site
  • I like to use a fluffy brush for applying concealer as that helps diffuse the concealer into the skin and requires very less product yet giving optimum coverage
  • I really like this brush and highly recommend it for what it is intended

• by true_value

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

Prior to buying the E.L.F Studio Angled Contour Brush I have bought and love the Complexion brush and the Blush brush from the E.L.F Studio series. I also own the Sigma Professional Brush set that comes with 12 brushes of which I lost the Sigma E40 brush which is the fluffy blending brush and had been on the lookout for a replacement.

I was actually planning to get the same Sigma E40 brush again but I chanced upon the E.L.F Studio Angled Contour Brush and thought that it would be a better option. I normally use the blending brush for blending eyeshadows but ever since I had tried it once for applying concealer under my eyes I thought it was the best method ever to get the most natural looking application without getting the concealer to be streaky or cakey.

Now, the E.L.F Studio line of cosmetics is not available in stores so I had to buy it online but

prior to that I tried to get as much information and reviews on it as possible. I heard a lot of users complain about how big the brush was for blending eyeshadows and that they were all using it to apply concealer with it. That got me even more convinced to get the brush.

I did not have to worry about the quality of the bristles and the handle because this was not my first brush from the E.L.F Studio Brush collection and I found it them all to be of very good quality with well made sleek looking handles and all black appearance.

The brush on the U.S website is $3.00 but I had to fork out S$7.90 for it since I bought it on the local Singapore eBay site. But it was still a better deal than getting the same Sigma E40 brush from Sigma makeup company because it costs $9.90 plus I would have to pay ...

• extra for shipping.

Well, even though I was expecting a big brush when I actually got the brush in person I was kind of surprised by how big the brush was. I mean not only the bristles but also the handle. The brush has a thick handle and the bristles are dense and thick too.

The brush comes in the usual plastic package and E.L.F claims that the taklon brush can be used with wet or dry products, that it creates mistake-proof eye color contouring, applies color with accuracy and comfort. Its suggested use is to use it to apply base eyeshadow and crease eyeshadow.

I like that all E.L.F products comes with directions to use and useful tips. It suggests applying base color with the flat side of the brush and using the angled tip to create crease contour.

I have used this brush for both concealer and for applying eyeshadow but I find that it worked best for what

it is actually intended for and that is for eyeshadows.

As mentioned earlier a lot of users were complaining about how the brush was not suitable for its function but I found it to be quite the opposite. It is perfect to apply crease eyeshadow and to apply all over base color up to the brow bone quick and easy.

As for applying concealer with it I do not like it that much because it is too dense and not fluffy as I would like it. I like to use a fluffy brush for applying concealer as that helps diffuse the concealer into the skin and requires very less product yet giving optimum coverage. Unlike this brush that concentrated too much concealer on one spot and requires a lot of blending.

I really like this brush and highly recommend it for what it is intended.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3120061498690530/k2311a0620/6.20.11