Rock n Rose by Valentino perfume
  • After a few moments my nasal passages seemed to acclimatize and this is when I noticed the bergamot, which to be honest is normally the more dominant of notes but not in this case when pitted against the black currant
  • When the heart notes started to make themselves known it was the orange blossom that stood out firstly for me but then the floral notes of gardenia started to become more apparent before finally my favourite - the rose note - was there
  • I would recommend this to the younger age range out there, perhaps under thirty
  • Though I am over thirty - just - I found it a little bit too 'teenager' for me though I'm sure it's meant to be more refined than that

• by Ticktock

I do like the fact that because of my job choice (I work in a perfume store part time) I get to test out the latest fragrances sometimes in advance of their official launch date.

One such fragrance that has actually been released for a while now (2006) though I haven’t tested until now is ‘Rock n Rose’ by Valentino..

I’ll start by describing the bottle as I always think if the flacon is eye catching then more often than not the actual fragrance is always stunning. Rock n Rose comes housed in a sphere like orb which is in the sexy colour of dusky rose and has a swirly black font lettering on the front. There is a long thin black lid which encases the nozzle and is shaped upwards in a diamond design. Though the bottle is quite basic there is something equally attractive about it

as it not only screams luxurious but hot and sexy too.

The actual fragrance is made up of the following notes:

Top notes: *Black currant *Bergamot *Lily of the valley

Heart notes: *Orange blossom *Rose *Gardenia

Base notes: *Iris *Vanilla *Heliotrope *Sandalwood

So onto the main thing; my opinion of wearing this perfume:

The fragrance opens with some strong notes in the form of the bergamot and the black currant. The first thing I was aware of when I had applied this to my skin was the sheer ‘fruitiness’ of it! The black currant at first seems quite overpowering and a little overwhelming as the lily of the valley was immediately drown out without being given a chance to shine.

After a few moments my nasal passages seemed to acclimatize and this is when I noticed the bergamot, which to be honest is normally the more dominant of notes but not in this case when pitted ...

• against the black currant. Once the dry down began the delicate scent of the lily of the valley was just about noticeable but enough so to soften the strength of the black currant.

When the heart notes started to make themselves known it was the orange blossom that stood out firstly for me but then the floral notes of gardenia started to become more apparent before finally my favourite - the rose note - was there.

The fragrance that I was left with was a deeper, sexier and altogether muskier scent than what I imagined it to be. The iris was barely noticeable and I was surprised that something delicate such as that would be used in the base? It seemed misplaced and quite pointless as the other three notes were fighting for attention though the winners were the vanilla and the sandalwood. Together they created

a warm and musky scent that sat perfectly on my skin and made me feel feminine and sexy.

I would recommend this to the younger age range out there, perhaps under thirty? Though I am over thirty - just - I found it a little bit too ‘teenager’ for me though I’m sure it’s meant to be more refined than that.

That aside it is an alluring and deep scent that changes drastically from being an innocent fruity scent to a deeper, musky and sexy scent within the space of around twenty minutes. I found it far too over powering for the day time and felt this would suit for romantic evenings as it’s seductive and alluring.

It has lasting power and when a small amount was applied to my skin it didn’t fade for several hours and even then I could detect it on my skin faintly right through until late into the evening.

A nice fragrance but not for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5620061498630530/k2311a0620/6.20.11