Get Him to the Greek (movie)  » Movies  »
  • There was also the actress who played the rockstar’s girlfriend, I don’t remember ever seeing her in anything but a serious role, and I thought she was hilarious too
  • My favourite scene in “Get Him to the Greek” was the scene with the Jeffery

• by Redtape

I was never a fan of the actor and comedian Russell Brand, and always wondered what other people saw in him, because I just never thought that he was as hilarious as some people would make him out to be. However, after watching him play a cunning drug addict rockstar in “Get Him to the Greek”, my impression of him has changed a little.

In the movie, a man who works for a record company is “commanded” by

his employer to get a troubled drug addict English rockstar, Aldous Snow, to America to perform at a concert at LA’s Greek theatre. At first, the man doesn’t realize how hard it will be to perform such a simple task until he finds himself immersed in the rockstar’s world of drugs and partying, and later playing family councilor to him.

There are many reasons why I liked this movie, and one of them was because I didn’t think ...

• that the plot was cliché. It was one of the first things that struck me about the movie, and I still appreciate. I’ve never seen a movie with such a plot.

Then, there was the acting. I’ve already mentioned how Russell Brand managed to surprise me and change my impression of him as an actor and a comedian. There was also the actress who played the rockstar’s girlfriend, I don’t remember ever seeing her in anything but a serious

role, and I thought she was hilarious too.

My favourite scene in “Get Him to the Greek” was the scene with the Jeffery. I don’t want to spoil it for anyone going to watch it, but I laughed so hard that I had problems breathing. I also liked the scene near to the first part where the rockstar made him try absinthe and the man lost control of himself in the club.

I recommend this movie to comedy lovers.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1120061498620530/k2311a0620/6.20.11