Strawberry & Guava Body Lotion by Avon  » Cosmetics  »
  • One range I do really like a lot is the Naturals Collection as I find their products to be luxurious and normally smell delicious
  • It closes securely enough to avoid any spills so is ideal for taking in your bag to the gym or away on vacations
  • So what is my experience of using this then
  • Well, when my avon package arrived (I found it impossible to just order one item
  • Though I purchased this whilst on offer I wouldn't hesitate to buy this at full cost as it was worth every penny

• by Ticktock

I have long been a fan of Avon products as to me they are not only ‘cheap and cheerful’ but also actually work and therefore for me are perfect.

One range I do really like a lot is the Naturals Collection as I find their products to be luxurious and normally smell delicious. I was recently perusing the avon website where I spotted this beautiful sounding ‘Strawberry & Guava Body Lotion’ and even better it was reduced down to just £1.50 for a reasonable sized 200ml.. obviously at that price I was most definitely going to try and popped it in my virtual basket.

The body lotion is presented to us in a simplistic, cylindrically designed bottle. This is upright standing and has a flip top lid which is placed directly on the neck of the bottle and is easy enough to open. It closes securely enough to avoid any spills so is ideal for taking

in your bag to the gym or away on vacations.

As mentioned this comes in one size of 200ml which is a nice size as you can slather on a large amount without worrying about running out of the product after just one or two usages.

The body lotion has such a fruity aroma when squeezed from the bottle though disappointingly the guava is camouflaged by the saccharine sweet essence of the strawberry. Though the lotion is undoubtedly pleasant, the strawberry scent is very artificial and if too much was to be used or if layered with matching products it may be just a little bit too overpowering.

So what is my experience of using this then? Well, when my avon package arrived (I found it impossible to just order one item..) this was one of the first items I used out of my new toiletries.

I decided to use this after bathing that evening and after gently toweling my skin I ...

• reached for the bottle. After opening the lid I found that a gentle squeeze of the bottle was enough to suffice due to the fact the consistency of this lotion is quite thin and emits rather quickly.

The scent is intensified when applied to the skin though I must admit it didn’t smell quite as fake and actually the guava was responsible for that as it suddenly became noticeable once it made contact with the skin.

I applied this all over my body though not my face obviously as it’s not suitable for that area though I did rub it into my neck..

So would I recommend this then? Well actually I would say Yes. I found that despite the lotion being thin in consistency it had a velvet texture to it that also turned my skin velvet soft too. The fragrance seemed more toned down once it was rubbed into my skin though it lingered delicately for

several hours and my skin felt supple - not taut.

In the past I have found certain Avon products have been a little harsh on my skin (mainly facial skin scrubs) though I was pleased this caused no skin reactions or soreness. I used this for two weeks every evening before the bottle became empty and I was very impressed with the effect is seemed to have on my skin leaving it delicately scented and very soft.

The only negative I would say is if you decide to use this make sure you pick a fragrance with matching tones or at least fruity undertones. The reason for this is I found it clashed with several of my perfume choices when worn at the same time though the actual product was fantastic and well worth the money.

Though I purchased this whilst on offer I wouldn’t hesitate to buy this at full cost as it was worth every penny.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3120061498610530/k2311a0620/6.20.11