Native Remedies Gastronic Doctor Capsules 60 ct  » Health  »
1.5
  • Being a Native American, at least in part, I like using the Native Remedies products
  • When I was reading about the various remedies that the Native Remedies company offers, I found one called Gastronic Doctor, and thought maybe it would be of some help to my various issues
  • Since it did not contain probiotics or fiber, I did not need to adjust my therapy for those two things either– I could just add this to what I was already taking, which was very convenient
  • My biggest problem in taking supplements is usually how they affect my stomach and intestines
  • I would still recommend trying it if other things are not working out

• by reviewabit

Being a Native American, at least in part, I like using the Native Remedies products. I have tried several for various conditions that I have. Sometimes they seem to work really well and other times not, but I have enough faith in them to keep trying. I have several digestive issues that seem to typically go along with fibromyalgia which I also have.

I have GERD, also known as acid reflux, for which I take a proton pump inhibitor for. This is a drug that prevents the stomach from producing acid. I also have irritable bowel syndrome, which causes a fluctuating and unpredictable swing between diarrhea and constipation.

I manage it with fiber therapy, probiotics, and over the counter remedies. When I was reading about

the various remedies that the Native Remedies company offers, I found one called Gastronic Doctor, and thought maybe it would be of some help to my various issues. It is supposed to be good for treating gastritis, IBS, GERD, and even serious issues like diverticulosis and ulcerative colitis.

The good thing was that I did not have to discontinue any medicines I was taking, as the product is designed to be used alongside them. Since it did not contain probiotics or fiber, I did not need to adjust my therapy for those two things either– I could just add this to what I was already taking, which was very convenient. The formula contains German chamomile, meadowsweet, slippery elm, and cancer bush.

I remembered taking slippery elm products for a ...

• sore throat, so I knew they could be soothing to sore tissues. My esophagus tends to get a little sore when my GERD experiences little flare ups when it goes beyond what the medicine can control. My doctor calls it “breakthrough” heartburn, and I sometimes have to take over the counter antacids for it.

I was hoping maybe this product could prevent that. My biggest problem in taking supplements is usually how they affect my stomach and intestines. At least with this one, it was treating those very things so in theory I shouldn’t have to worry about it hurting my stomach.

The theory was correct. I took the supplement for about a month, and it never upset my stomach at all. I wish I could say that

there was a dramatic effect, but I don’t think it changed the symptoms I was experiencing at all.

I still had a couple of bouts of breakthrough symptoms, for which I had to take antacids. I believe the fiber therapy and probiotics I was already on were doing as good of a job managing the problems as could be done. I don’t think the native Remedies product had anything to add.

Perhaps if I would have taken it and not the other medications, it might have made a more dramatic effect. As it is, it just didn’t do much for me. I would still recommend trying it if other things are not working out.

But there is an old saying– “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. ” That was the case with my management of these conditions.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3420061498410530/k2311a0620/6.20.11