Muddy H2O Pit Powder Deodorant 4 oz
  • Along the way I have tried some interesting products
  • I thought I detected a bit of rosemary in the fragrance, but wasn’t sure
  • They recommend you put it on while still wet from the shower, but I tried this and found it even messier
  • Another problem is that quite frankly, it just doesn’t work well enough
  • It works well as a shoe powder, to prevent chafing and absorb moisture on the inner thighs, and you could even potentially use it in your hair as a sort of dry shampoo– so the product definitely has some good uses, but it doesn’t really fit the bill well as an underarm product, at least not for me

• by reviewabit

Ever since learning that aluminum containing deodorants can increase your cancer risk, I have been trying to find that perfect alternative natural deodorant that actually works. Along the way I have tried some interesting products. One of these is the “Pit Powder” made by Muddy H2O. It is reportedly made by women for women, and works by breaking down sweat with enzymes and the natural antibacterial properties of essential oils.

Basically, it consists of baking soda, arrowroot powder, kaolin clay, fenugreek powder, and essential oils which they do not specify. I thought I detected a bit of rosemary in the fragrance,

but wasn’t sure. It was not a strong fragrance, but it was a bit earthy and a little odd.

There are a few nice things about the product. It is all natural so you are not exposing yourself to toxins of any kind. It is a powder, but talc free- which means you can pretty much use it anywhere on your body that you need it.

It is soft and pleasant to apply. It’s not terribly expensive. Then there are a few cons.

Because it is a powder, it can be a little messy, especially when you are trying to

be sure you get enough under your arm pits. Gravity kind of works against you when you are trying to powder under your arms. They recommend you put it on while still wet from the shower, but I tried this and found it even messier.

Instead of dry powder everywhere, I had dry powder plus a paste of powder under my arms which was trying to dry and flake off. It was not a pretty picture. Another problem is that quite frankly, it just doesn’t work well enough.

It does neutralize some odor if you apply it directly to an odorous ...

• Muddy H2O Pit Powder Deodorant  4 oz
      pit, but the product does not stay on your skin well enough to control odor all day, especially if you are going to be doing something where you will sweat a lot. I wore this product around the house for a day to see how well it worked before wearing it out around people whom I could potentially offend with body odor. It worked for about three hours.

After that, even reapplying it did not work. It does nothing to combat perspiration, but if you perspire while wearing it, it is likely to clump up. My recommendation for using this product is not as an armpit deodorant, but as an everywhere-else deodorant.

Worn on the rest of the body, where you might get odor that is not as strong as armpit odor, it actually works pretty well. It works well as a shoe powder, to prevent chafing and absorb moisture on the inner thighs, and you could even potentially use it in your hair as a sort of dry shampoo– so the product definitely has some good uses, but it doesn’t really fit the bill well as an underarm product, at least not for me. I applaud the effort that went into the product though.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3420061498170430/k2311a0620/6.20.11