HP Pavilion dv6-3120us (Laptop)  » Laptops  »
  • To put this review in some context, I do not personally own this laptop, but I have used my friend’s on numerous occasions and have had enough experience with it to see what I personally like about it and what I dislike
  • As far as who I do think that this computer is for, it seems like it would be wonderful for a media enthusiast as this is pretty much who the computer is targeted at, and HP does a good job at doing this in my opinion
  • Equipped with 4GB of RAM and 500GB of hard drive space, an individual shouldn’t have much of an issue either storing various forms of media or gaming on this computer
  • Overall, if you’re a media enthusiast I think this laptop would be a great fit, but otherwise it may be smart to look for a different model

• by grimmy101

The Pavilion dv6-3120us is a laptop released by HP. To put this review in some context, I do not personally own this laptop, but I have used my friend’s on numerous occasions and have had enough experience with it to see what I personally like about it and what I dislike. Also, I personally own an HP g4-1016dx laptop which is similar in some aspects, but I could basically summarize as being a more basic version of the model that I’m currently reviewing.

I will say right now that I don’t think this laptop would be a great fit for a person with pretty basic needs or for college students (Unless your major requires a computer which can go beyond basic functioning), but I will get to my explanation and reasoning as to why this is later in the review. As far as who I do think

that this computer is for, it seems like it would be wonderful for a media enthusiast as this is pretty much who the computer is targeted at, and HP does a good job at doing this in my opinion.

To start with the positive aspects of this computer, I’ll say that it comes with more than enough than a basic user would need in my opinion. Equipped with 4GB of RAM and 500GB of hard drive space, an individual shouldn’t have much of an issue either storing various forms of media or gaming on this computer.

While gaming on my personal HP laptop can be a bit slow (Though not terrible), gaming on the dv6-3120us has always ran very smoothly and I haven’t had the frustrations of lagging games as I’ve had with my own laptop. If you would define yourself as a ...

• media enthusiast, HP has designed several laptops to be targeted at you, but I personally think that this model would be a good fit and it’s also priced pretty reasonably at around $530 so it doesn’t go overboard, but certainly has more than enough (At least by my own personal standards).

To move with the more negative aspects of the computer, I want to say that I wouldn’t necessarily define these elements as negative, but perhaps unfitting for certain people. As I stated in the first paragraph, I don’t personally think this computer would be great for an individual who just does basic functions on a computer or for students.

To begin with students, the computer comes with a 15. 6″ screen so portability may become an issue as this isn’t a size that I would really want to be carrying around often.

In addition, as I said, since this computer is designed more a media enthusiast, I wouldn’t really think of this as a good fit for a student as this computer seems to be more for leisure rather than work to be honest. This same reasoning can be applied to those who only need a computer for basic purposes.

My own laptop, the g4-1016dx, basically has comparable specifications to this computer (As well as being cheaper I might add) which I personally would say is a better fit for a user who just has basic needs. Although the model I’m reviewing can basically outperform my own laptop, some people may not need all these extra features or performance specifications at the expense of a greater price.

Overall, if you’re a media enthusiast I think this laptop would be a great fit, but otherwise it may be smart to look for a different model.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 6317061497680330/k2311a0617/6.17.11