Revlon Color Stay Concealer  » Cosmetics  »
1.0
  • I bought it because I am a huge fan of the Revlon Color Stay Liquid Foundation
  • In my opinion, that is the best drugstore foundation product that I have ever used
  • I thought that the complementary concealer would also be amazing
  • I bought both formulations and was disappointed with both
  • Neither was effective and I will definitely not be repurchasing

• by Intensify

I recently purchased the Revlon Color Stay Concealer. I bought it because I am a huge fan of the Revlon Color Stay Liquid Foundation. In my opinion, that is the best drugstore foundation product that I have ever used. I thought that the complementary concealer would also be amazing. I wanted this to be a long lasting concealer that would hide my dark under eye circles, redness, and any discolorations that I have on my face from acne scarring. I also wanted it to be able to last through any sweating and humidity that I encounter, especially since it is summer and I live in a very hot location.

This concealer is offered in two different versions. One is for blemishes and the other is for the under eye area. The one formulated

to work on concealing blemishes contains salicylic acid which is why it is not good for the under eye area. The under eye area formulation does not contain salicylic acid. I bought both formulations and was disappointed with both. I do not recommend either of them. Basically, neither one of these concealers hides imperfections very well. The under eye formulation is worse in terms of coverage than the blemish formulation. It did not mask the fact that I have dark under eye circles at all. I could still see them! Even when I tried to layer on more foundation, the coverage did not improve. I used a ton of product and did not get the desired result. There is basically no pigmentation at all. It is so sheer that your imperfections still ...

• shine through. The same is true of the blemish formulation. Though it provides slightly better coverage, it did not give my skin the flawless look that I was hoping for. It barely even covered up redness which most concealers, even poor quality concealers, have the powder to do. Another thing I hate about this concealer is how hard it is to blend into the skin. It doesn’t go on as smoothly as I would like it to. It takes a lot more work to get the concealer to really absorb into the skin like it should.

I also hate the design of the under eye formulation. It comes in one of those long tubes where you have to click one end to get the product to come out of the other end. The

product comes out of a built in brush. I hate this because I would rather just have direct access to the product itself so that I can control exactly how much I use. With the click dispenser and brush, I always end up wasting concealer because I have no control over how much comes out with each click. This is also very unsanitary because the product comes out onto the same brush each time and I can’t exactly clean this brush. It isn’t the same as the makeup brushes that I already own.

Overall, I have to give the Revlon Color Stay Concealer a rating of a 2 out of 10. That goes for both formulations of the product. Neither was effective and I will definitely not be repurchasing. I do not recommend these!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3117061497490330/k2311a0617/6.17.11