Revlon Illuminance Cream Shadow Quad - 710 (Not Just Nudes)  » Cosmetics  »
  • It only cost about seven dollars plus tax so the price is extremely reasonable
  • I couldn't return the product once I opened it and discovered that it was cream so I decided to just try it out anyway
  • I love neutral eye shadow palettes and quads in general so it really did not surprise me that I loved these colors
  • Blending with these eye shadows is so much easier than I thought it would be
  • I did not expect to be as impressed with this quad as I was

• by Intensify

I recently purchased the Revlon Illuminance Cream Shadow Quad in #710: “Not Just Nudes.” It is a palette containing four neutral shades of cream eye shadow. It only cost about seven dollars plus tax so the price is extremely reasonable. I actually picked this eye shadow quad up completely by accident. I meant to get these four colors, but I wanted a powder eye shadow product rather than a cream eye shadow product. I just assumed that this was powder shadow because it comes in packaging that is pretty identical to the powder shadow palettes I have purchased from Revlon in the past. I couldn’t return the product once I opened it and discovered that it was cream so I decided to just try it out anyway. I am kind of glad that I made the mistake of buying this product because I absolutely love it. I would even go as far as saying that this is probably my favorite neutral cream

palette of eye shadow from a drug store brand!

I love neutral eye shadow palettes and quads in general so it really did not surprise me that I loved these colors. What did surprise me was the love of the consistency of this product. I typically do not pick cream eye shadow products because I do not like the way they blend. However, I have become a huge fan of this product. The cream literally feels as smooth as butter. Blending with these eye shadows is so much easier than I thought it would be! The colors are beautiful. All four of them are well pigmented, though I would definitely say that the darker two eye shadows are more pigmented than the lighter two. All four colors have great staying power. They do not crease once on my lid (and I have oily lids, so this is very impressive).

I also love the packaging of this product. It has a very smart ...

• design. The shadows themselves are on one side of the quad while a mirror is on the other side. The mirror is huge for such a small product! It isn’t one of those tiny mirrors that you can only see one eye at a time in. This is the sort of mirror I can actually visualize my face in to apply my makeup well. I also love that the shadows themselves stay well in place and don’t get the mirror dirty with product. There are no smudges of color on the mirror every time I open it up. The packaging is also very sleek so it does not take up a huge amount of space in my makeup bag. I have taken this product on vacations with me because it is such a perfect size for traveling and it contains pretty much every color I need to create a wide range of different looks either for daytime or for going out at
        night. I have literally created everything from a really simple daytime look to a more sultry, dramatic look with this quad. It is so versatile!

The only thing that I do not like about this product is that it does not come with a brush to apply the shadows. This isn’t so much of a problem because I can apply the product with my fingers, but it would be nice to have a brush. Other than that, I am in love! Overall, I have to give the Revlon Illuminance Cream Shadow Quad in “Not Just Nudes” (710) a rating of a 9 out of 10. I did not expect to be as impressed with this quad as I was. I highly recommend it! If you are the type of person who does not like to use cream eye shadow, I would strongly suggest trying this out before you write off all cream shadows because it will seriously change your mind just like it did for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3117061497390330/k2311a0617/6.17.11