Laura Mercier Oil-Free Foundation Primer
  • The thing I love most about this product is the extent to which it controls the amount of oil on my skin
  • My biggest issue with applying makeup is the fact that within a few hours of initial application, oil will start to fade the makeup and make my skin look extremely greasy
  • This will definitely last me for months to come
  • I have tried so many oil-control or oil reducing products in the past that have actually given me the opposite problem of oily skin – dry, irritated skin

• by Intensify

I recently purchased the Laura Mercier Oil-Free Foundation Primer. There are multiple formulations of this primer but I chose the oil-free version because I have very oily skin as is and I do not want a product that will exacerbate that situation any further. I liked this primer right off the bat simply because it is slightly cheaper than the Smashbox Oil Free Primer so that was the first plus. I also love most of the Laura Mercier products I have tried so I already trusted the brand.

The thing I love most about this product is the extent to which it controls the amount of oil on my skin. My biggest issue with applying makeup is the fact that within a few hours of initial application, oil will start to fade the makeup and make

my skin look extremely greasy. This product really does create a matte finish for my makeup and keep my skin looking matte throughout the day. The oil in my pores does not break through my makeup or add shine to my face. By keeping the oil at bay, it also really does extend the wear of my makeup. The staying power of my foundation increases dramatically when I have this on my face. Another great plus is the fact that this primer basically creates a clean “canvas” for me to apply my makeup on. I wash my face in the morning, apply this primer to clean skin, and the continue with foundation and other makeup products. When I use this primer, my foundation goes on so much more smoothly than it does sans primer.

There ...

• isn’t much to really comment on as far as the design of this product goes. It comes in a tube which is just fine for a primer. It is very easy to throw in a makeup bag or a purse since it is not in a fragile glass bottle.

The consistency of this primer is pretty standard for a primer. I like that it is not sticky. It is obviously not oily since it’s oil-free. It spreads onto the skin very easily and absorbs quickly. A little truly does go a long way. I have been using this primer daily for a month and you can barely tell that any product is gone from the tube. This will definitely last me for months to come.

Another thing to note is that even though this primer controls oil,

it does not go so overboard that it dries out my skin in any way. I have tried so many oil-control or oil reducing products in the past that have actually given me the opposite problem of oily skin – dry, irritated skin. This primer fortunately does not make that mistake.

Overall, I have to give the Laura Mercier Oil-Free Foundation Primer a rating of a 9 out of 10. It does so many wonderful things for my skin. It is one of the cheapest oil free foundation primers that you can find at Sephora (though not the cheapest of all, because you can definitely find cheaper at drugstores). I love the results I have gotten from using this primer and I highly recommend it, especially to girls who may have more oily skin than most.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3117061497350330/k2311a0617/6.17.11