Cle de Peau Concealer  » Cosmetics  »
  • The other main issue that I have with this concealer is that it is very drying
  • However, as is, I will not be repurchasing and I do not recommend it

• by Intensify

I recently purchased the Cle de Peau Concealer. This was a very expensive purchase, but I have heard such wonderful things about this concealer that I could not help myself. I am a major makeup junkie and anything that gets rave reviews from other people usually intrigues me.

My general impression of this concealer is that it is obviously of very good quality. It does not settle into any fine lines. It has very full coverage so it does a great job at concealing my under eye circles and covering my acne scars and redness. It does not clog my pores. It has not caused any irritation or breakouts. It has great staying power. Even when I sweat, there is only minimal fading. It makes my skin look flawless so easily.

Despite all

of those wonderful things, I must say that I do not really like this concealer that much. The reason why is the consistency. This is a very thick concealer that is more like a paste than a cream, liquid, or gel. Its thickness really does not lend well to wearing it in the summer. I want to only wear lightweight makeup during the summer. This feels much heavier than some of the concealer products I already own. Even though it is so thick, it still looks natural. The thickness does not affect the way the concealer looks on my skin, only the way it feels. That said, the way a concealer feels on the skin can really make or break it. The thickness also makes this concealer harder to work with ...

• and to apply to the skin. I can’t use my normal concealer brush. I have to just use my fingers to warm up the paste a bit (with natural body temperature) so that it is a little bit more malleable.

The other main issue that I have with this concealer is that it is very drying. My skin is oily so it is very rare that it gets dry, but this concealer somehow dries out whatever patches of skin I apply it to. I am the type of person who applies concealer before foundation, not after. That is what makes the drying effect particularly bothersome because it is the very first makeup product that I apply to my face. No other product shields it from drying out my skin. I am certainly

not going to change my routine to apply the concealer after my foundation just because this particular concealer is so drying. I just won’t buy this product again.

Overall, I have to give the Cle de Peau Concealer a rating of a 6 out of 10. As great as it is, it could be better. A good concealer should not just make your skin look great. It should also make your skin feel great. This particular product does not do both and it is such an expensive product. I had high expectations that were not met. If this were more lightweight and not as drying, I would absolutely love it and continue to shell out a lot of money for it. However, as is, I will not be repurchasing and I do not recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3117061497230230/k2311a0617/6.17.11