Ortho Home Defense Max (Perimeter & Indoor Insect Killer)  » Housewares  »
  • I have had a big problem with creepy crawlers of all varieties during the summer months in and around our home since we moved here 4 years ago
  • There is a small stream srrounded by trees situated behind our house which I believe is a perfect breeding ground for all these pest
  • All I had to do was spray the Home Defense around the perimeter of my home and around indoor base boards where I thought the buggers might be entering
  • One application is supposed to last 12 months, but I found that I need to apply it at least twice a year once in the summer and again in the winter which is still better than any other product I have encountered on the market
  • I would highly recommend this product for the simple fact that it allows me to sleep through the night in the summer months without being constantly awoken by chirping crickets

• by LC

I have had a big problem with creepy crawlers of all varieties during the summer months in and around our home since we moved here 4 years ago. There is a small stream srrounded by trees situated behind our house which I believe is a perfect breeding ground for all these pest. Having been born and raised in urban environment, I was a little shocked by all the different kinds of annoying little critters that had made their way into

my life.

After trying numerous products with varying levels of effectiveness, I stumbled across Ortho Home Defense on sale in my local Target. The list of bugs that it works on is pretty comprehensive.

I was most interested in how it would tackle my cricket situation. Having crickets in your home will drive you to your wit’s end.

They are loud and hard to find. All I had to do was spray the Home Defense around the perimeter of my ...

• home and around indoor base boards where I thought the buggers might be entering.

The improvement was virtually immediate. It killed the crickets and insects that were inside (I saw some bugs that I didn’t even know had made it into my house!) while also keeping new ones from getting in.

the winter which is still better than any other product I have encountered on the market. Also sometimes with these sprays they have scents which really do little to mask the smell of the chemicals.

This product is completely odorless. I would highly recommend this product for the simple fact that it allows me to sleep through the night in the summer months without being constantly awoken by chirping crickets.

The fact that it kills all other bugs (including bees and wasps) was a bonus.

headdick64 yahoo.com says :

does it kill fleas flea eggs

Joanna says :

Hi,

Yes, it does a good job of killing fleas, flea larva, and their eggs. My husband has been using it for about six months and we haven’t had in our house since. I would definitely suggest this if you have pets. It does a good job of keeping fleas out of the home.

Joanna

LC replies :

Actually, It does specifically say that it kills fleas and their eggs by using it to treat areas of infestation and your pets resting areas. It notes that you should treat and remove old pet bedding and replace it with new bedding as well probably not to track the infestation further . Now, I haven`t tested the product in this capacity, but seeing how it killed all pest it came in came in contact with, I wouldn`t doubt it works well with fleas as well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5317061496960230/k2311a0617/6.17.11