Keukenhof Gardens, Holland  » Travel  »
Lisse, Netherlands
  • I was lucky to be in the Netherlands last April, which is the best time if you want to see tulips in bloom
  • Upon entering the premises, you will be greeted by a big pair of clogs, a fountain, and a souvenir shop on the side, which holds a lot of interesting items
  • I love taking photos and every picture taken in Keukenhof is so vivid and stunning because of the flowers
  • It’s definitely a romantic place as well
  • Would definitely recommend a visit to Keukenhof, there is no way anyone would not be able to appreciate its beauty

• by TheCity

I was lucky to be in the Netherlands last April, which is the best time if you want to see tulips in bloom. We made certain to include the Keukenhof Gardens, the world’s largest flower garden, in our itinerary. We went there around 10AM in the morning and the weather was just perfect.

Keukenhof Gardens is only open from around end of March up to mid/end of May, so we were really blessed to have had the chance to visit the park during our stay. It is less than an hour away from Amsterdam so it is really not much of a hassle going there, especially if you are with a tour group, like I was.

You will know that you

are nearing Keukenhof as you will see rows of colorful tulips on the fields, which built up my anticipation. Upon entering the premises, you will be greeted by a big pair of clogs, a fountain, and a souvenir shop on the side, which holds a lot of interesting items. I bought several shirts there. However, once you walk further down and turn around the bend, what will greet you is a wonderful spectacle of tulips that was the most beautiful display of flowers I have ever seen in my life. There are vibrant tulips of every color—different shades of pink, red, orange, purple, yellow, etc., so beautiful in the midst of the trees and greenery. I love ...

• taking photos and every picture taken in Keukenhof is so vivid and stunning because of the flowers. The setting is so natural that despite the perfection and beauty of the rows of tulips, there is still a sense of being so close to nature. There are fountains, statues, gazebos, bridges, lakes, etc. inside the gardens that make the place so peaceful and calming. The whole of Keukenhof spans 32 hectares, and even though it is really just basically trees and flowers, each area brings a new sigh of satisfaction and wonder. We only spent around an hour there and it really is too little. An ideal visit for me would be to spend half a day strolling
        leisurely or maybe taking a jog while admiring the beauty of Keukenhof. It’s definitely a romantic place as well. During the time we were there, there weren’t so many people so it was just us and nature.

The ticket cost Eur 14.50 per person and I would say that the price was definitely worth it because being a nature enthusiast, I would include this in the top 5 most beautiful places I went to during my trip to Europe, and also one of the most photogenic, which would surely produce pictures that will keep you happy for a long time. Would definitely recommend a visit to Keukenhof, there is no way anyone would not be able to appreciate its beauty.

villager.18 says :

Liked the phrase “new sigh of satisfaction and wonder” which exactly sums up my reaction. Well written and evocative review.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3817061496890230/k2311a0617/6.17.11