FLA Orthopedic Custom Fit Occupational Back Support XL  » Health  »
  • After about a week of wearing it, I decided not to put it on one day, tired of the unattractive appearance, and while my back certainly felt better than it did before wearing the support, I could tell that I wasn’t quite ready to be without it
  • If your doctor can have one ordered for you, I would highly recommend this to anyone with a “bad lower back

• by reviewabit

When I injured my lower back while working on remodeling the house a couple of years ago, I had a very hard time getting back to normal. Since I have fibromyalgia on top of the injury, it was even more painful and my muscles just did not want to cooperate. I had lower back spasms that made it difficult to get out of or sometimes even into my own bed.

I was pretty much useless!

Driving was excruciating, sitting or standing hurt, and even lying in one position for too long was painful. There just seemed to be no way out.

I gradually worked the muscles with gentle physical therapy and became able to walk and function fairly normally, but was still having pain. My doctor suggested

and ordered this orthopedic back support for me to use while I recovered.

I had seen these being worn by people who worked in jobs where they did a lot of lifting. Although I was not allowed to lift a darn thing for quite some time, I was told that these supports would help to keep my posture correct while I was healing.

The belt-like spandex apparatus had straps that went over the shoulder in a criss cross fashion, and was not the most attractive thing I have ever worn. The brace had break away buckles for safety, kind of like a safety cat collar.

I was surprised that it fit as well as it did, and didn’t ride up or move out of place when ...

• I moved around. It was fully adjustable, so if I was uncomfortable, I could shift the belts around a little and feel better.

I wore this thing religiously– because the moment I put it on, I could tell it was helping. It held the muscles tight and my posture in place.

I did have a tendency to put it on a little tight, and it could feel restrictive if I had to increase my breathing rate for any reason, but it was fixed easily. After about a week of wearing it, I decided not to put it on one day, tired of the unattractive appearance, and while my back certainly felt better than it did before wearing the support, I could tell that

I wasn’t quite ready to be without it.

My muscles started to ache, and I immediately and wisely put it back on. It wasn’t long until I was able to go for longer periods without it and eventually I was fully recovered.

I use the belt now both as a preventative, if I am going to be doing any physical work where I might have to lift things, and as a treatment for very early back pain. If I get a twinge in my lower back, I put the support on and I usually feel better within a couple of days rather than weeks.

If your doctor can have one ordered for you, I would highly recommend this to anyone with a “bad lower back. ” It helped me greatly.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3416061496850530/k2311a0616/6.16.11