AcuCone Sciatica Pain Relief Cone Set (accupressure pain relief)  » Health  »
  • I found the AcuCone Sciatica pain relief cones
  • I think somehow my mind knew that the nerve was trying its best to calm down
  • Although this particular episode was more severe than the other one I had, it healed faster– and I believe the cones may have had a lot to do with that
  • I don’t know if they work for everyone, and we are all different– but I would certainly not hesitate to recommend them since they seemed to help me so much

• by reviewabit

If you have ever had sciatica, you will understand the need for trying everything imaginable to get rid of that awful, mind-bending pain. I have fibromyalgia, and for some reason, we fibro patients seem to have a tendency to get it with the least provocation. I have had it twice now, and the last time, I went on a search to see if there was anything new and ingenious to help with the pain, as the neurontin I was taking wasn’t helping that much and I was growing impatient. I found the AcuCone Sciatica pain relief cones.

They are based on accupressure principles, and they were not very expensive, so I ordered a set. These are two little white cone shaped objects that are linked together with string.

To use them, you place them on the two points that relate to the course of the sciatic nerve.

Place cone A behind the knee, and cone B at the buttock region. You place these while in a laying position and then the pressure points do their work. It reminded me a little of trigger point massage, only with no movement.

The cones are hard and not comfortable, but the whole idea is to put pressure on the right spot so they are supposed to be that way. Before placing the cones, it is recommended that you apply ice or a hot and cold pack on the buttock pressure point for a few minutes beforehand. Then you lie on the cones for three to ...

• five minutes, and can repeat this up to three times a day.

I started out as directed, by placing a cold pack on the buttock of the left leg which was affected. This felt good all by itself but the pain soon returned. After placing the cones, I felt a bit uncomfortable with them pressing into my flesh.

For the first few days, each time I did a treatment, it was painful and annoying. But, as time went on, it started to actually feel good. I cannot explain why, it just did.

I think somehow my mind knew that the nerve was trying its best to calm down. Maybe it was tired of being tortured by the cones. Within a week, I was able to move

around a lot more freely, and was not in nearly as much pain.

I found that if I took a hot bath first, then put a cold pack on the buttock area, then did the cone treatment– I slept with very little pain. Pretty soon I was on my way back to normal. Although this particular episode was more severe than the other one I had, it healed faster– and I believe the cones may have had a lot to do with that.

If you are suffering from sciatica, and nothing seems to be helping, you should give these a try. I don’t know if they work for everyone, and we are all different– but I would certainly not hesitate to recommend them since they seemed to help me so much.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3416061496840530/k2311a0616/6.16.11