Dreamhelmet/Dreamcatcher Sleep Mask Sound Blocking Pillow  » Health  »
  • I have been using standard sleep eye masks for years, and they do pretty much solve the light problem, but the noise problem is another story
  • Here are the things I like about the Dreamcatcher
  • While it may look a little strange (like a soft-pack lunchbox over your head, as my partner said) I found it to be comfortable
  • It is definitely warm in the winter and will keep the chill off of your head, if that is an issue for you
  • Overall, I think it is a great idea and very unique– and I am considering employing one in my bedroom

• by reviewabit

I tend to sleep in the day more than I should, due to fatigue from fibromyalgia. I have been using standard sleep eye masks for years, and they do pretty much solve the light problem, but the noise problem is another story. Ear plugs help, and I have used them, but since I have developed tinnitus, the ringing in my ears is intensified when I put something inside them, and that will keep me awake too. I did not actually buy this Dreamcatcher mask myself.

I borrowed it from a friend, who has similar sleep issues and a snoring husband. She liked the idea but found that something wrapped around her head was disconcerting and she did not feel comfortable wearing it to sleep. Her daughter liked it, and wanted

it– but she was kind enough to let me try it and see if it would help rather than ordering one myself sight unseen.

I used the mask for about a week and then returned it to its owner, and I am still debating if I want to buy one of my own. Here are the things I like about the Dreamcatcher. Personally, I don’t mind that it is wrapped around my head.

I tend to sleep hidden under covers anyway, and I am used to having an eye mask on my face. In the case of this pillow/mask, it covers your ears too. While it may look a little strange (like a soft-pack lunchbox over your head, as my partner said) I found it to be comfortable.

The ...

• light blocking ability was good, and there was no discomfort around the neck or ears, which I had been concerned about before trying it. It was nice to have my ears covered without something inside them. It is definitely warm in the winter and will keep the chill off of your head, if that is an issue for you.

I have not tried it in summer. The material is not heavy, so I don’t think it would be too much of a problem unless maybe you had no air conditioning in your house. As far as sound blocking, it is more like sound “muffling.

” I don’t think it would block the sound of loud snoring, or something like construction work in the neighborhood, but it might take the edge off

a cat meowing or traffic noise. I slept pretty well with it on my head, and I felt comforted by having it wrapped around me. It was nice to have that feeling without the suffocation feeling that comes with hiding your nose under the covers!

It seemed a little odd when I tried to lie on my side, but I managed.

I think it works best on your back. One thing it is not so good for is cuddling with your partner! This is something you would find difficult while wearing it, so make sure your cuddle time is up before putting it on. Overall, I think it is a great idea and very unique– and I am considering employing one in my bedroom.

Maybe Santa will bring one? Hint, hint?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3416061496760530/k2311a0616/6.16.11