Hearos Deep Sleep Kit 3 piece (mask, earplugs and lotion)  » Health  »
  • By the time I found an empty spot to try and rest, most of the noise had calmed down
  • When I looked at it, I thought it was rather cheaply made

• by reviewabit

I have been using a sleep mask to block out light for years. It really helps me to sleep better, since I often keep late hours and like to sleep in when I am dealing with fibromyalgia flare ups, which affect my quality of sleep. I have used several masks and found a few good ones. When I was required to stay overnight unexpectedly at an airport because of a flight cancellation, I did not have a mask with me, and could not find one sold separately, but at one vendor, I did find this kit.

It consists of a sleep mask, ear plugs, and a lotion. The lotion was a strange addition, but it was supposed to be an aroma therapy lotion to help relax you and put

you to sleep. I did not know how relaxed I could be trying to sleep in the middle of an airport, with lots of other strangers flopped out on benches trying to sleep too.

To be honest, I did not expect to sleep much at all, but I wanted the privacy of the mask and perhaps the ear plugs could muffle some of the airport noise. By the time I found an empty spot to try and rest, most of the noise had calmed down. I was not the only one stuck here.

There were many very unhappy travelers around. I worried about the security of my purse, but I managed to find a way to lay on top of it without too much discomfort. I opened ...

• the kit and put in the ear plugs.

They were decent, pretty comfortable. They did help with the noise. The lotion was ok, but I did not think it was a particularly “relaxing” smell.

I used it anyway, the coolness of the moisture on my skin was the closest thing I was going to get to a shower anyway. The mask was a surprise. When I looked at it, I thought it was rather cheaply made.

It was very thin plastic, with foam on the inner portion that made enough of a depression that you would be able to open and close your eyes without your lashes touching the mask. This was done quite well. I had several masks at home that were made this way,

and I preferred that to a mask that fit closely over your eyes.

When I put it on, although it was slightly bulky, it really did the job of keeping my eyes separate from the mask. It was like a little darkroom. And, despite the cheesy construction, it was pretty darn comfortable.

Under the circumstances, I did not sleep at all, but that was not because of the mask. I used it later at home and found that it was better than many more expensive masks I have purchased. In fact, it’s become one of my surprise favorites.

I don’t really expect it to last terribly long, but when it wears out, I would happily pay for another one. Cheap or not, it does the job right.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3416061496670530/k2311a0616/6.16.11