Avalon Organic Biotin B Complex Thickening Shampoo 14 oz  » Health  »
  • I decided to try this product after reading a review about it on a site that was dedicated to women with thinning hair
  • When I used it, I found that it had a pretty decent lather for a non-sulfate shampoo
  • I learned later on that the saw palmetto it contains is there for a specific reason, relating to hair loss
  • Sometimes it seems a bit like I am getting some buildup from styling products, and I am not sure that this shampoo is getting it all out, so I do switch from time to time and use a clarifying “harsher” shampoo, but I keep coming back to this one, because I like the feel and look of my hair when I use it
  • While it might not be the miracle I hoped for to restore the thick head of hair I had in my twenties, it is a good product and I would definitely recommend it to someone suffering from thin hair or hair loss– especially males, who are more likely to experience hair loss due to DHT than women are

• by reviewabit

I am a female with thinning hair. It has been thinning remarkably since I turned forty, mostly on the top and crown area. I have tried all kinds of shampoos, systems, vitamins, and rinses. Other than to plump it up with styling products and add some volume with a volumizing shampoo, little has helped it in reality.

I decided to try this product after reading a review about it on a site that was dedicated to women with thinning hair. Everyone seemed to think it really worked, so I ordered a bottle to see for myself. This is a mostly natural product that does not have sodium lauryl or laureth sulfates.

In uses coconut oil derived lathering agents to cleanse, and adds a lot of good things as well-

like biotin, niacin, saw palmetto, and panthenol. It has no parabens, no animal ingredients or animal testing is involved. I was excited about trying it after reading reviews.

When it came in, my first instinct was to see what it smells like. It’s a primeval thing with me. I found it to be interesting.

It is not the usual floral or fruity scent that we see with most shampoos. It was sort of earthy and woodsy. That’s the only way I can think to describe it.

It probably would not be my first choice of fragrances, but it wasn’t bad. It doesn’t really linger in your hair anyway, so it’s not a big deal. When I used it, I found that it had a pretty decent lather for ...

• a non-sulfate shampoo.

It got my hair clean, and although it was a bit tangly afterward, a little conditioner took care of that. My hair did actually feel thicker after the wash. When I blow dried it, it seemed fluffier than usual.

I learned later on that the saw palmetto it contains is there for a specific reason, relating to hair loss. Saw palmetto is a natural blocker of the hormone DHT, which is associated with hair loss. I hoped that this was the secret cause of mine, and that now it would go away! After using the entire bottle, I can say that although I have not seen any new growth of hair, it does a nice job of making it seem thicker, and I am not losing as

much hair as I have been up until using it.

Sometimes it seems a bit like I am getting some buildup from styling products, and I am not sure that this shampoo is getting it all out, so I do switch from time to time and use a clarifying “harsher” shampoo, but I keep coming back to this one, because I like the feel and look of my hair when I use it. While it might not be the miracle I hoped for to restore the thick head of hair I had in my twenties, it is a good product and I would definitely recommend it to someone suffering from thin hair or hair loss– especially males, who are more likely to experience hair loss due to DHT than women are.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3416061496620530/k2311a0616/6.16.11