Children’s Benadryl Perfect Measure Pre-Filled Spoons Cherry 10 ea  » Health  »
  • I like to keep some at home in case I have a sudden attack in the house, but it is impractical to carry the liquid as it is a bit bulky in the purse, and could leak
  • I will be the first to admit that they are not cost effective
  • I thought about saving them for when I was out, but in this one case I wanted to be sure I could rely on them before leaving home with them and no backup
  • I think this is a great option for my particular needs, and I would encourage all Benadryl users to consider the pros and cons and whether this more expensive option is worth it for emergencies

• by reviewabit

I have seasonal allergies to unspecified pollen and molds. Sometimes they are mild, but often severe. For my allergies, I have tried just about every kind of prescription and over the counter antihistamine, and none of them are anywhere near as effective for me as Benadryl. Benadryl is the medication diphenhydramine hydrochloride, and is available in generic forms widely, so it is easy to save money on this drug by using store brands.

I ran into a dilemma with Benadryl and its clones. I don’t like to take the medication every day, even in allergy season, because it can make me extremely drowsy– so much so that I cannot function normally or enjoy what I am doing. However, if I am away from home having a nice day without the

grogginess, and all of a sudden I happen upon whatever pollen it is that I am allergic to, I run the risk of having a severe reaction.

This could mean a sneezing fit, coughing, watery, itchy eyes, or the worst case scenario– eyes swelling shut, unable to stop sneezing, coughing and being extremely embarrassed. When this happens, of course I want the fastest relief possible. The generic Benadryl capsules I carry with me will work– but there is something that works much faster– the liquid version of the medicine.

I like to keep some at home in case I have a sudden attack in the house, but it is impractical to carry the liquid as it is a bit bulky in the purse, and could leak. I recently discovered another ...

• option. Benadryl now makes pre-measured spoonfuls of the liquid diphenhydramine.

It is marketed as a kid’s product, but of course an adult can take it too– we just have to take more of it. These little spoons are easy to use. You just twist off the end and squeeze the liquid into your mouth.

It tastes exactly like the regular liquid Benadryl, which is cherry flavored. It’s not too bad, and it does work, which is the important thing. I will be the first to admit that they are not cost effective.

You do pay more– both for the brand name, and for the convenience. The number of doses the box contains is of course half of what the adult doses are. Since these are really just for emergencies when

I am away from home, I don’t mind all that so much.

I am just glad there is now an easier option for carrying the faster acting liquid with me when I am out. I got to try the product out the other day at home. I thought about saving them for when I was out, but in this one case I wanted to be sure I could rely on them before leaving home with them and no backup.

They worked as quickly as expected and were quick and easy to take. I think this is a great option for my particular needs, and I would encourage all Benadryl users to consider the pros and cons and whether this more expensive option is worth it for emergencies. For me, it is.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3416061496600530/k2311a0616/6.16.11