USAA Federal Savings Bank, Financial Services  » Finance  »
10750 W I-10, San Antonio, TX 78288
  • I've been a long time user of USAA for both auto insurance and personal banking and have yet to be disappointed
  • This is definitely not the case with USAA
  • It is highly unfortunate so many companies have begun to outsource their work, considering that USAA has world class customer service (at least in my opinion) provided right here in the United States
  • I frequently recommend USAA to my family and enlisted friends and feel that anyone looking to move banking services should take a look

• by The Explorer

I’ve been a long time user of USAA for both auto insurance and personal banking and have yet to be disappointed. I’ve had banking services with several banks, from regional to national chains, and have always found a way to be frustrated or disappointed by the services, or lack of services, available at each. This is definitely not the case with USAA.

Since USAA only accepts prior or current military as new applicants the rates received on loans and such are usually much lower than can be found at banks like Bank of American, Wachovia, etc. and the level of attention received from customer service is also light years ahead of other similar banks. I currently have both my car insured through USAA and both my primary checking and savings accounts as well. About a year ago I also took out a personal loan through

USAA and received an extremely low interest rate simply for being a long time customer and making regular deposits to my checking account. In this unsure economy, many people become hesitant when it comes to requesting large amounts of money from any bank. However with USAA loans, insurance and general banking services are all easy to use and stress-free. I can say the only times I’ve ever had issues with USAA are instances that I ran up against transfer limits set Federally (so it was never USAA’s fault), and can say with confidence that I have yet to have any issues with their customer service. A few times I’ve found myself accidentally locked out of my vehicle and utilizing the roadside service offered by USAA I’ve always received prompt and speedy assistance anywhere. The USAA customer service is all done entirely in house (actually located ...

• at the headquarters located in San Antonio, TX) and shines through in the response time received via phone, fax or email. It is highly unfortunate so many companies have begun to outsource their work, considering that USAA has world class customer service (at least in my opinion) provided right here in the United States.

Another important aspect to my personal banking needs are that of mobile banking and the integration of mobile banking programs with current mobile operating systems (iOS, Android, Windows Phone 7, etc). USAA does offer an app for all 3 major smartphone OS’s (the last 3 named) and the quality of each application is apparent as well, reflecting on the attention to detail that the company pays to each aspect of its operation. The [email protected] feature is a deal breaker for me. I have yet to find another respectable bank that offers

such a service, allowing you to deposit checks directly from your smartphone to your bank account with some added information and a few snapped pictures. I literally use this service weekly and have yet to be disappointed by it’s use (nor any issues either!). The Money Manager features recently added by USAA and offered on both the mobile platform and desktop platform are extremely handy, allowing you to track your expenditures and deposits (kind of like Mint.com).

With a range of services offered any veterans or currently enlisted should check out USAA. I frequently recommend USAA to my family and enlisted friends and feel that anyone looking to move banking services should take a look. With extremely helpful customer service, great rates on loans, and superb mobile and desktop banking options I am extremely satisfied and feel that any others would be just as satisfied.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4216061496400430/k2311a0616/6.16.11