Hunger Games Trilogy by Sizanne Collins
  • But this doesn’t mean I found them simple and/or identical, they are actually quite interesting
  • The author, in my opinion, is really good at creating a certain feeling and then turning everything around in just a few sentences
  • So to sum up, I recommend these books to anyone who is into horror fiction

• by PolinaGaneva

I started reading this book without any hopes. It was recommended matter-of-factly to me and to be honest, I didn’t expect much.

The Hunger Games Trilogy is about the young Katniss Everdeen who is forced to take part in the gruesome Hunger Games. It is set is the future and the Games is an annual event taking place in specially prepared arenas. There the main character should fight other children her age (from twelve to eighteen to be accurate) to the death.

I loved the books. The atmosphere Suzanne Collins creates is really unique. Even after the most tragic and terrifying parts are

over, there is still an awkward sad feeling that lingers between the words. It is something that really gets to you, even though the whole plot isn’t exactly realistic.

The characters are extremely likeable, they are well-developed and easy to understand. But this doesn’t mean I found them simple and/or identical, they are actually quite interesting. The protagonist – Katniss is a strong girl with a fierce personality - I particularly liked her.

The way Suzanne Collins writes is yet another thing to praise – her writing is fast-paced and it makes you read and read just to find out what is on the next ...

• page. Her rich vocabulary and vivid descriptions make all of her beautiful scenes come to life before the eyes of the reader. I was astounded by how well she described the clothes of her characters, how easily I understood what she meant.

The plot itself is really interesting. It is filled with unexpected plot twists and it made me read with anticipation until the end of the third book. The author, in my opinion, is really good at creating a certain feeling and then turning everything around in just a few sentences. I loved the fact that I couldn’t easily predict what’s next.

The first

two books were really strong, finished them for about two or three days each but the third turned out to be a little less entertaining for me. Yet it is a necessary book, because the story should have a proper ending.

So to sum up, I recommend these books to anyone who is into horror fiction. Some scenes might be a bit too much for people who can’t handle death, torture and extreme sadness. But don’t get me wrong – The Hunger Games Trilogy isn’t only about death – it is about life, about struggle and about being strong when you are needed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1716061496320430/k2311a0616/6.16.11