HP g4-1016dx (Laptop)  » Laptops  »
  • Having just recently purchased this item, my experience with it thus far has been average
  • I will say that one negative thing about this laptop is that the screen unfortunately kept going black after a few hours of work despite the computer remaining on so I had to ship it back to HP to get this fixed
  • On a more positive note, the repair is fully covered and I paid no fees in shipping, labor, or anything at all involved in this repair
  • Another thing I have read people say about this computer is they don't like the trackpad which I believe is a fairly reasonable complaint
  • Regardless, I picked up this laptop for $349 at Best Buy while it was on sale so I would still consider it a good deal

• by grimmy101

The HP g4-1016dx is a laptop released by HP and part of their Pavilion series of notebooks. Having just recently purchased this item, my experience with it thus far has been average.

I will say that one negative thing about this laptop is that the screen unfortunately kept going black after a few hours of work despite the computer remaining on so I had to ship it back to HP to get this fixed.

all involved in this repair.

Back to the computer, the laptop has a 320GB hard drive and 4GB RAM which should be enough for an average user such as myself who only needs the laptop for basic functions.

In addition, the laptop comes with an AMD processor which some people say is too slow for their needs, but I would say that as long as you aren’t a big gamer, the computer should run fast enough to be efficient and effective for whatever else you use it for.

Another thing I have read people say ...

• about this computer is they don’t like the trackpad which I believe is a fairly reasonable complaint.

The problem with the trackpad is that it seems to be overly sensitive and when you try to scroll, you either go to the very top of a page or you go to the very bottom rather than a midpoint that you’re trying to reach.

Other features included on this laptop include a built-in webcam and microphone which both seem to be fair quality.

However, my biggest complaint about this laptop is the poor battery life.

While the

description on websites claim that this battery can last up to four hours, it’s really about two or two and a half hours when just doing very basic functions such as web browsing before the battery dies and you’ll have to plug in.

Regardless, I picked up this laptop for $349 at Best Buy while it was on sale so I would still consider it a good deal.

Currently, the price is $449 and I would still say that if you’re looking for a decent computer with a fair price, this laptop wouldn’t be a bad choice at all.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 6315061496000130/k2311a0615/6.15.11