Medela Symphony Breast Pump
  • After several days at home, however, I noticed that he had a yellow tinge to his skin and eyes

• by JTamayo

I recently gave birth to my third child, a beautiful boy with blue eyes. The delivery went smoothly with no complications. We were subsequently discharged two days after his birth. After several days at home, however, I noticed that he had a yellow tinge to his skin and eyes. Up to this point I had been exclusively breastfeeding my son. I knew from doing some internet research that breastfed babies were more susceptible to jaundice, especially if they have trouble feeding the first few days. I was still very worried and immediately made an appointment to see the pediatrician.

Blood tests revealed a high level of jaundice

and we were sent to the NICU at the hospital for treatment. My son was immediately placed under phototherapy (light treatment). I was told that he would have to spend between 24 to 48 hours in the incubator under the light and I was only allowed to breastfeed him while I was there for 30 minutes every 3 hours. In order to keep my milk supply intact, I was allowed to take home a Medela Symphony Breast Pump.

The Medela Symphony Breast Pump is hospital grade, dual electric breast pump. It is fast and efficient. It incorporates a unique 2-Phase Expression Technology that imitates the natural ...

• sucking pattern of babies at the mother’s breast. This helps to stimulate the flow of milk so that more breast milk can be pumped in the least amount of time. I was very pleased with this breast pump. I was able to pump comfortably and quickly while I was home away from my baby. This allowed me to focus on my two older children and other household duties. Using the Medela Symphony Breast Pump even helped to increase my milk supply!

The benefits of using this breast pump are: • Faster pumping time • Comfortable fit • Versatile and easy to use • Suitable for daily use • Unique overflow protection • Can

be used as a single or double pump • Electric or battery operated • All accessories are BPA/DEHP free

The only negative aspect about this product is the price. It is very expensive at over $1000. This is the breast pump that most hospitals use, however, and they will allow you to rent it on a weekly or monthly basis. Rental rates vary around the country.

If you are in need of a quality breast pump, I would highly suggest that the Medela Symphony Breast Pump be your pump of choice! You will be able to express your milk comfortably and efficiently and still have plenty of time to focus on the other important things in life – your precious baby!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5415061495750130/k2311a0615/6.15.11