Merry Hempsters Cool Hemp Muscle Rub (tube)
  • This, I believe, is the first one I have used with hemp
  • It comes in a solid form like a tube of lip balm, so you do not have to get this product all over your hands to use it, which makes it convenient to use on the go
  • I will say that it definitely works as well as any other product like it that I have ever used, and perhaps a little better due to its concentration
  • I found that it helped to relieve the pain of tight shoulder and neck muscles quite well when I went on a long car trip with a friend
  • I definitely recommend this product as a good muscle balm and vapor stick

• by reviewabit

With a name like Merry Hempsters, this was one product I had to try. It caught my eye in the store and made me laugh. I have fibromyalgia, and I have become a muscle rub aficionado over the years. This, I believe, is the first one I have used with hemp.

This muscle rub has some advantages. It comes in a solid form like a tube of lip balm, so you do not have to get this product all over your hands to use it, which makes it convenient to use on the go. For a quick solution to a sore neck, it’s great– but not so good with large body areas where it would take too long to apply and be more than a little waxy and sticky.

For a small container, it will last a long time, because it is fairly potent and you don’t need to use much. It contains hemp seed oil, wax, olive oil, sunflower oil, camphor, spearmint, peppermint, eucalyptus, cinnamon, clove, rosemary, thyme, wintergreen, and menthol. In short, just about everything except for maybe tea tree and arnica that you normally see in a muscle balm.

All your favorite ingredients are in here. This blend does have a potent smell, as one would expect. It produces a strong counter-irritant effect, making nerves in the skin focus on the warm or cold sensation that the product produces rather than pain, which dulls the pain signals to the brain.

Whether the cannabis oil actually has any effect transdermally, I cannot ...

• really tell. I will say that it definitely works as well as any other product like it that I have ever used, and perhaps a little better due to its concentration. I keep mine in my purse, in case I need it while I am away from home.

It would be convenient to keep in the car, but the product would melt in the heat. When you apply it, it melts into the skin like a lip balm would. It does leave a bit of a greasy feel, but this absorbs eventually, especially if you massage the area after application.

The scent will fade over several hours, but if you wear this, be prepared for everyone to ask you “what hurts” when they smell it. I found that

it helped to relieve the pain of tight shoulder and neck muscles quite well when I went on a long car trip with a friend. Another possible use for it is as a decongestant or sinus/vapor treatment, like you would use Vicks or mentholatum.

It has most of the same ingredients and a few extra that would help to ease the sinuses with a cold or chesty cough. It would easily be applied to the chest area and wouldn’t be quite as messy as a cream if you needed to use it while you were away from home. You could also simply open and inhale it, which is quite pleasant.

I don’t think inhaling it, in this case, is illegal! I definitely recommend this product as a good muscle balm and vapor stick.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3414061495310230/k2311a0614/6.14.11