Nature’s Bounty Ginger Root 550mg 100 capsules  » Health  »
2.5
  • When I went through a phase of not wanting to take any type of unnatural drugs at all, I decided I needed an alternative for this drug too
  • At the time, I thought I had some Dramamine left at home, and that I could use it as a backup if needed
  • When we arrived at our destination, I was happy that I had not had a single symptom, except for the warm tummy feeling, during the ride over
  • Fortunately, it was not as bad as some cases where I had motion sickness, but I definitely had to retract the idea that the ginger worked just fine

• by reviewabit

I tend to suffer with motion sickness if I have to go onto any boat, even a ferry. Most of the time, I have Dramamine or a similar medicine to take and this prevents and stops the nausea and dizziness quite well. When I went through a phase of not wanting to take any type of unnatural drugs at all, I decided I needed an alternative for this drug too. I had used ginger tea and gums to relieve nausea from other sources, so I was not surprised when I read that ginger capsules are often given for motion sickness.

I picked up some Nature’s Bounty at the drug store for the next time I might need it. At the time, I thought I had some Dramamine

left at home, and that I could use it as a backup if needed. When I was getting ready for a shopping trip where I was going to be using a ferry, I packed my ginger and looked for my Dramamine, but could not find it anywhere.

I finally decided that I must have already used it up and just didn’t remember taking it. I did not have time to stop anywhere, so I just hoped and prayed that the ginger would be enough. When I arrived at the ferry, I took two of the ginger capsules within thirty minutes of boarding.

When we left port, I felt fine. It was only slightly choppy waters and I was feeling normal. In a few minutes,

• I began to feel a warm sensation in my stomach, somewhat like heartburn, but without the pain.

It must have been the ginger. It was a little disconcerting but not uncomfortable. When we arrived at our destination, I was happy that I had not had a single symptom, except for the warm tummy feeling, during the ride over.

I considered the ginger a success. We had lunch and did some shopping, and later returned to the ferry. Again, I took the two capsules, hoping that I was not overdosing myself on ginger.

Almost immediately, I felt the warmth, but this time it was a little more distracting and I felt warm even in my face. Once the ferry started moving, I was hit with

a wave of nausea. I had to sit with my head between my knees for the whole ride back.

Fortunately, it was not as bad as some cases where I had motion sickness, but I definitely had to retract the idea that the ginger worked just fine. I am not sure if the warm feeling had anything to do with the performance of it or not. Someone had suggested that maybe it was not the motion, but the ginger itself that made me sick.

I only take half the dosage now if I feel nausea and I no longer rely on ginger for motion sickness, just other causes of nausea. It does seem to work pretty well for stomach flu and similar problems, but I do not trust it on a ship!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3414061495270230/k2311a0614/6.14.11