White Rain Classic Regular Hair Conditioner 18 Oz  » Health  »
0.5
  • I had only had very limited experience with White Rain, and the last product of theirs I used was not good at all
  • I thought if I did not like the way it performed in my hair, I could either use it as a rinse out for my hair without using shampoo (cheap conditioner works well for this) or as a worst case scenario, I could use it for liquid fabric softener
  • It had a cheap, watered down powdery smell that I was not impressed with
  • As for the rest of the line, I simply would not recommend it

• by reviewabit

When my mom was cleaning out her closet, she came across a few items that she didn’t want and offered them to me. One of them was this bottle of White Rain conditioner. It had hardly been used, and no one could seem to remember where it came from or why it was not used. I took it because it was free.

I had only had very limited experience with White Rain, and the last product of theirs I used was not good at all. I considered it a very cheap brand with cheap ingredients. I thought if I did not like the way it performed in my hair, I could either use it as a rinse out for my hair without using shampoo (cheap conditioner works

well for this) or as a worst case scenario, I could use it for liquid fabric softener.

(Cheap conditions works well for this too. ) I took it home and put it in my shower. The first omen came when my partner used it before I had a chance to, and immediately complained that the conditioner “sucked.

” When I asked why I was told that it didn’t do anything. My partner was correct. When I went to use the product, it really didn’t do anything.

I could understand why no one at my mom’s house had used it. There was no point in using it! I’d have done as well with plain water. It had a cheap, watered down powdery smell that I was not impressed ...

• with.

In the hand, it felt like a jelly-like lotion with no moisturizing power in it at all. On my hair, it did not even help to detangle much less condition. After using it, my hair was tangled, staticky, and had a frizzy and dry look to it.

At the same time, it felt like it had been weighted down. I am not even sure how those two things would happen at the same time, but this product managed to mess up my hair in every way possible. I only used it the once.

I did not even bother to try it as a rinse out. I demoted it immediately and reassigned it to the laundry room, where it didn’t do a good job there either. Although

I have not been a big user of White Rain products, I am aware that they have been around for a long time, and once upon a time were very popular as an inexpensive choice, much like the way Suave is today.

There is a world of difference in the quality of Suave versus the modern White Rain products. I don’t know if perhaps White Rain was once a good brand that fell on hard times and reformulated for the “dollar store” market, or what. All I do know is that after this, I would not buy any of their other products, with the exception of their hair spray, which is actually pretty decent and very cheap.

As for the rest of the line, I simply would not recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3414061495250230/k2311a0614/6.14.11