Avalon Organics CoQ10 Perfecting Facial Toner 8 oz
  • I love the scent of the product and the way it feels on my skin
  • I like that the antioxidant benefits can help with the acne infection, and when I use it, I tend to have fewer breakouts
  • I believe that when I use this toner before putting on makeup, I have less oiliness during the day, especially in warm weather
  • A quick application during the day to remove oil or shine does not cause a problem
  • I think this is a great toner for almost any type of skin and I would highly recommend it

• by reviewabit

I have combination skin that is oily in summer and dry in winter. I have been looking for an alcohol free toner to use for freshening up my face during the day and for after my cleansing routine. I liked the idea of an organic product, so I tried this Avalon CoQ10 based toner. I have a lot of respect for CoQ10 as an antioxidant, and have taken it orally before.

For the skin, it can be a way of forming new cells and smoothing the skin. The toner also contains some other of my favorite ingredients for skin care– aloe vera, white tea, and chamomile to soothe and refresh, and willow bark. For fragrance, they chose one of my absolute favorite essential oils– bergamot.

You may know

this as a the refreshing citrus fragrance that is part of the aroma of Earl Grey tea. I use aloe vera as a toner by itself sometimes in the summer, by keeping some aloe juice in a spray bottle in the refrigerator to use when I am feeling hot. Some of the facial; cleansers I use have white tea in them, and chamomile is present in many moisturizers I have tried for my face– so this was almost like a recapitulation of a lot of other products I have used over the years.

I love the scent of the product and the way it feels on my skin. It is very fresh and cooling. It does not dry my skin out at all, in fact, seems to moisturize a tiny ...

• bit, but not enough to cause oiliness, so it is fine to use in the summer when I have oily, acne prone skin.

I like that the antioxidant benefits can help with the acne infection, and when I use it, I tend to have fewer breakouts. I use a cotton round to apply it after cleansing, and it still manages to get off some dirt that I might have missed. I believe that when I use this toner before putting on makeup, I have less oiliness during the day, especially in warm weather.

It seems to prevent a lot of the “rebound” oil I sometimes get after cleansing my face in the hotter season. My skin is rarely subject to dryness in the summer, but when winter comes around, it’s a

different story. I got to try this toner between the two seasons, and was happy to find that I could use it in the winter as well as summer.

Even with very dry skin, it did not irritate or itch like some toners do. After applying it post-cleansing, my face felt only slightly tight before putting on my moisturizer over it. A quick application during the day to remove oil or shine does not cause a problem.

The fragrance of it does tend to stay with you for at least a few minutes, so if you use it during the day, you may want to be sure whatever cologne you use will coordinate with bergamot. I think this is a great toner for almost any type of skin and I would highly recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3414061494840130/k2311a0614/6.14.11