Estate Whi04ex Dryer  » Housewares  »
  • I only used this dryer for a short period of time but I have to say that I didn't have a very good experience using it
  • I believe that this is a much better location
  • Other than the issue with it overheating everything else worked fine
  • The problem is that it would overheat a lot which would cause smoke and it would also leave a somewhat burnt smell on my clothes
  • If you are in the market for one I would recommend looking elsewhere

• by John

I only used this dryer for a short period of time but I have to say that I didn’t have a very good experience using it. I had some very severe issues with it overheating so I have since stopped using it entirely. I first purchased it about a year ago. After I purchased it, it worked well for about a month until I started having the problems. At the time of purchase it was purchased from Lowe’s in Columbus. At the time of purchase I recall paying around 300 dollars for it. It was one of the cheaper models at the time. When I first purchased it the power cord was not included with it so it needed to be purchased separately.

It’s a 6.5 cubic feet in size. By looking at the inside it appears to be very large and it really does hold a lot of clothes. One thing that I do

love about it is the design of the vent for the lent. It’s designed near the door area instead of on the top like most others that I have used. I believe that this is a much better location. It’s much more easier to access and I can simply clean it immediaitely after putting the clothes in so I believe it’s wonderful.

Other than the issue with it overheating everything else worked fine. The problem is that it would overheat a lot which would cause smoke and it would also leave a somewhat burnt smell on my clothes. I was very disappointed by this. It left a lot of burn marks on my wall behind the dryer so it just caused so many issues. After it would over heat it would just stop working entirely and after letting it set for a while it would then stop working. I eventually stopped using it at all because ...

• the plastic around the top area just started to melt away so I just decided that it was too much of a risk to operate. I assume that it was a problem with the heating element but the heat caused so much damage to it so I just decided not to replace it.

The knobs on it are very basic and I have to say that it’s very easy to operate. There are a total of two knobs on it. One knob is to change the heat setting and the other is to turn it on. The door closes very well. I have used others that have issues with the door closing because they require a lot of pressure to close but this one closes very smoothly and easily. When it’s turned on it does make noise but it’s not very loud. If there is a large load on the inside it does tend to make a

bit more noise as opposed to when there are only a few clothes in it. When it was working properly it would dry clothes fairly quickly. When I used it it normally only took one cycle for it to dry them entirely. I have used a few that have to be restarted a lot in order to make sure that the clothes were dry so this is certainly something that I can appreciate.

Overall, I don’t believe it’s a good dryer. I only worked for about a few months. Estate is not a brand that I’m fully aware of when it comes to appliances. From now on I will more than likely stick with the more well known brands. If I had to buy it over again I would certainly go with a different one other than this. It has just been a huge disappointment. If you are in the market for one I would recommend looking elsewhere.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5314061494760130/k2311a0614/6.14.11