Whirlpool Stove Anti-Tip Bracket  » Housewares  »
  • The main reason why I decided to purchase it was because my stove would move from side to side or tilt a bit when I was opening or closing it
  • At the time of purchase I paid around 3 dollars for it
  • Before doing it I would recommend measuring the back of the stove to see how far left or right it should be installed
  • I ran into this problem initially without taking it into account and I have to unscrew it and screw it back it
  • I'm glad I bought it because it has exceeded what I expected

• by John

I purchased this bracket to install with my stock to prevent it from moving around or tipping over during use. It works very well. The main reason why I decided to purchase it was because my stove would move from side to side or tilt a bit when I was opening or closing it. I ran into a bit of difficulty while getting it installed but I was able to get it installed properly. I purchased this from Lowe’s about a year ago. At the time of purchase I paid around 3 dollars for it. I was glad that the price was so cheap.

The bracket itself is very well made. It’s about 3 inches long and 1.5 inches wide.

The entire thing is made out of steel. When holding it it feel very thick and heavy. I don’t believe anything can cause damage to it. It’s designed in a way that allows the back leg of the stove to slide into it and that’s what holds the stove in place. It came with the bracket, the screws and with the instructions. The pictures on the installation guide really did help out a lot. The pictures are large and they are clearly labeled which made them very easy to reference.

Overall, I would say that it took me about 30 minutes to get it fully installed. The only tool that I needed when installing it was a drill. I’m glad it didn’t require a lot of more complicated tools. It has two bolt holes on the side of it and it has to be screwed into the floor. The screws also included plastic coverings for screwing them in. Once they are screwed in this helps a lot to make sure that the screws have a really tight snug fit. I installed it into a wood floor but if you are installing it into a concrete floor you may have a bit more hassle.

I ran into some difficulty after installing it because I didn’t install it in a correct place in order to be able to allow the leg to fit inside of it. I didn’t do ...

• Whirlpool Stove Anti-Tip Bracket
      much measuring before I got started. Before doing it I would recommend measuring the back of the stove to see how far left or right it should be installed. The opening of the bracket is only about an inch wide so you have to be able to fit the leg into a very tight space which was what caused some difficulty during the installation. When doing the installation it also has to be installed up close to the wall. If it’s not installed up close to the wall it will cause the stove to stick out from the wall which is not very organized. I ran into this problem initially without taking it into account and I have to unscrew it and
      screw it back it.

Once it’s installed it works very well. It really does hold my stove into place well after putting it in place. After opening and closing my stove it doesn’t rock or tilt at all which is certainly something that I can appreciate.

This thing really gets the job done. It’s effective. The price was cheap so I don’t believe you can go wrong with it. I’m glad I bought it because it has exceeded what I expected. I hoped it was a bit easier to install but I’m glad I was able to get it installed correctly. I would highly recommend this thing to anybody that’s looking for a way to keep their stove in place securely.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5314061494680130/k2311a0614/6.14.11