Cnn Enhanced Interactive Application on DishNetwork 311 Receiver
  • I love using it because I can simply scroll through the application for all of the news updates instead of having to watch CNN entirely to find out the news
  • It's completely free which is perfect in my opinion because I'm always looking for ways to save money
  • When I'm watching Cnn I enjoy being able to easily use it without being interrupted which is perfect
  • I know 30 seconds doesn't seem like long but it seems a lot longer when actually waiting for it
  • It's basically self explanatory so after pulling it up I'm sure nobody should have a problem using it

• by John

Cnn Enhanced is an application on DishNetwork that allows the user the ability to be able to read through news stories instead of actually watching it. I believe it’s a wonderful application. I love using it because I can simply scroll through the application for all of the news updates instead of having to watch CNN entirely to find out the news. It has been on my receiver for about a year since it was installed but I just recently started using it. It’s completely free which is perfect in my opinion because I’m always looking for ways to save money. When using it the CNN channel is displayed in the upper right corner. I believe that this is wonderful. When I’m watching Cnn I enjoy being able to easily use it without being interrupted which is perfect. When the Cnn channel

is on it’s takes up almost half of the screen so I enjoy being able to view it almost normally.

The first thing about it that grabbed my attention when I first used it is that it has a very simple and easy to use interface. It responds quickly and there is no delay whatsoever when switching from one story to the next. One complaint that I do have about the performance of it is when opening it initially. It takes about 30 seconds for it to load up. It’s somewhat understandable since it has to load up a lot of news stories. I know 30 seconds doesn’t seem like long but it seems a lot longer when actually waiting for it.

There are several different categories and I love this. All of the news is separated and it’s not just thrown all into one place ...

• which makes it very convenient. Some of the sections include business, top stories and sports. The news here is updated quite regularly. When something happens it’s almost instantly placed here so I feel that I’m always getting up to date information. The time and date that the story was added is always placed at the top and I believe that’s a great addition.

There are a few things that I believe should be improved about it. One thing that I believe should be improved is that it should have more pictures and they should be a lot bigger and colorful. When viewing a story there are pictures shown in some but not all. The pictures are very small and most of the time they are in black and white so they are very hard to view. I don’t believe it’s a big issue

but I just love to be able to view a picture pertaining to the story that I’m reading. Another thing that I believe should be improved is the length of the stories. When reading a story you have to click through about 5 short pages. None of the stories are over 5 pages and if there is further reading to the story it just says to go to CNN.com to finish reading it. I believe that this is horrible. I really hate it when I’m reading some that I’m interested in and I can’t finish reading the entire thing in one place.

Overall, I have to say that I believe it’s a wonderful feature. It’s very easy to use. It’s basically self explanatory so after pulling it up I’m sure nobody should have a problem using it. I would highly recommend it to anybody.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2314061494650130/k2311a0614/6.14.11