PaperMate ClearPoint Mechanical Pencil  » Other  »
  • I have been buying these for a long time and they are some of the best mechanical pencils that I've used
  • One thing that I really love about them is that they are very comfortable when writing with them
  • Another thing that I love about it is that it has somewhat of an ergonmic design
  • The index finger fits perfectly into the curved area and I can say from experience that it helps to provide a lot of additional comfort
  • If you are in the market for a great well working mechanical pencil I would highly recommend giving them a try

• by John

I have been buying these for a long time and they are some of the best mechanical pencils that I’ve used. They are sold in several stores so almost any store that I go into I’m able to find them. They are sold in several different packages including individual and some that include multiples. Depending on the store that I go to I would say that they are usually priced around 1 dollar each. They are available in many different clear colors. They type that I’m using now are green but I have both them in other colors including yellow and green.

One thing that I really love about them is that they are very comfortable when writing with them. The bottom of the pen near the area where the fingers go is covered in rubber material. They are all separated which makes it easy to grip.

Another thing that I love about it is that it has somewhat of an ergonmic design. The index finger fits perfectly into the curved area and I can say from experience that it helps to provide a lot of additional comfort.

Another really great feature that it has in my opinion has to be the eraser. I use mechanical pencils a lot and I really hate it when the eraser run out. This thing is designed with about an inch of eraser that twists out of the top area. I believe that this was a wonderful addition. It smooths out very nicely and smoothly using a twister at the top of the pen. The eraser lasts for a long time which is wonderful in my opinion. There is also a clip located at the top of it which I very rarely use. When it’s ...

• attached to the shirt or pocket it has a really tight feel to it and it doesn’t move around at all which is perfect in my opinion.

I also really love that it’s completely clear and I can see on the inside of it. I love being able to see exactly how much lead is on the inside. One thing that I have always hated about mechanical pencils is when I would have to shake them or open them to see how much lead is left. It’s also a problem when running out of lead without knowing so this really does help out a lot. It operates with .7 lead. When writing with it it creates very nice and smooth marks which are perfect. If there was one thing that I could improve about it I would say that the clicker for distributing the lead should be located

farther towards the bottom or on the top. It’s located directly in the middle of it which means that if you’re writing you have to fully remove the hand to press it which can be somewhat of an inconvenience.

Another thing that I really like about it is the design of the tip of the pen. When the lead is out it’s covered with metal material. This really does help out a lot. It helps to prevent the lead from breaking a lot which I believe is wonderful. I’m for anything that prevents me from having to buy lead a lot so a wonderful add.

Overall, I am very impressed with them. I have been using these for years and I have not noticed any types of issues with them. If you are in the market for a great well working mechanical pencil I would highly recommend giving them a try.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1214061494251230/k2311a0614/6.14.11