Senator John McCain
  • He has changed his positions a lot recently but I believe that he has been a wonderful senator
  • He wasn't a really good speaker in my opinion
  • One thing that I really love about him is that he stands up for what he really believes in
  • One thing that I was really disappointed about was his 2010 election campaign
  • Overall, I have to say that I believe he will eventually be known as one of the best senators to serve

• by John

John McCain is a current senator and he was the Republican Nominee for president in 2008. He has changed his positions a lot recently but I believe that he has been a wonderful senator. He went against his own party’s leadership a lot when he felt it was necessary. He was a Senator from Arizona. I am not from Arizona but he was out front on a lot of national issues so I got to watch him a lot.

Like I said earlier he ran for president in 2008. I just don’t believe he had any chance of winning. I believe that he ran a horrible campaign. He was already going to have a tough time at being elected and he made several mistakes. Sometimes it was really tough to even watch him campaign. He wasn’t a really good speaker in my opinion. Sometimes

when he was campaigning there would only be a few people in the audience which I believe says a lot about how he was able to connect with the people. He would have only had a slight chance of being elected if he ran a perfect campaign so he really did hurt hisself. I really would have liked to see him elected President considering that he has served the country for so long but I guess it wasn’t meant to be.

One thing that I really love about him is that he stands up for what he really believes in. He recently came out and said that the United States should not use torture. I believe that this was a tough thing for him to come out and say considering that most Republicans are for torture. This is the type of stuff that he has done a lot throughout his ...

• career and that’s why I have admired him for his service. He has served this country and he was a victim of torture so I would rather listen to what he has to say regarding to the subject as compared to others.

One thing that I was really disappointed about was his 2010 election campaign. He had a primary challenge from which caused him to go far right a lot more. One of the main reasons why I admired him is because he was a moderate so I was really disappointed by this. He really tried his best to make it seem as if he is a conservative which he is actually not. He changed his positions a lot to make hisself look more right wing. I really hated to watch him do this because the last thing that I like to see in a politician is them changing

there positions. If you have a certain position on an issue I believe that you should stick with it instead of changing just to be re-elected.

One decision that I certainly didn’t like was when he decided to choose Sarah Palin as his running mate. After he did this he in some ways lost any chance of winning. It was reported that he decided to go with her after only spent a short amount of time with her. I just don’t understand why he would do something so out of character compared to what he has done during the rest of his career.

Overall, I have to say that I believe he will eventually be known as one of the best senators to serve. I believe that some of the things that he did later in his career like choosing Sarah Palin and being more conservative will ultimately cause him some harm.

Senator John McCain

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3614061494191230/k2311a0614/6.14.11