Republican Presidential Candidate Newt Gingrich
  • He was a big reason for the Republicans taking control of the Congress during the Clinton administration but I believe that his era is possibly over
  • I believe that this underlines a bigger issue about him and it shows why he is not capable of being elected
  • I don't like a candidate that flip flops a lot so this was even a bigger mistake in my opinion
  • Another thing that I don't like about the fact that he is running is that he has been out of office for so long
  • Another huge disadvantage that I believe will hurt his campaign is the fact that he has been married three times

• by John

Newt Gingrich just announced that he is running for president as a Republican. He was the former speaker of the house. I do feel as if he did a lot for the Republican party but I don’t believe that he is the right choice for president. He was a big reason for the Republicans taking control of the Congress during the Clinton administration but I believe that his era is possibly over.

One of the main reasons why I don’t believe he will make a very good president is because he is divisive. He has said a lot of things that I believe will hurt him in the election. In order to win in the general election any candidate has to be able to win independent voters

and I don’t believe Newt is capable of that.

Another thing about Newt Gingrich is that he says whatever he wants. He launched his presidential campaign about two weeks ago and he has already made several mistakes. I just don’t believe that he is capable of running a successful campaign. One huge mistake that I believe that he made was when he came out and said that Congressman Paul Ryan’s plan was radical. Now if you are unaware of Ryan he is a Republican and he is in the same Party as new Gingrich. I was completely turned off by this and I don’t understand why he would go after someone that’s supposed to be on his side.

I believe that this underlines a bigger issue ...

• about him and it shows why he is not capable of being elected. He eventually ended up apologizing about his comments and he now says that he supports the plan. I don’t like a candidate that flip flops a lot so this was even a bigger mistake in my opinion. If you said the comments then stand by them instead of changing.

Another thing that I don’t like about the fact that he is running is that he has been out of office for so long. I don’t believe that he still understands what’s going on since he has been out of office for some time. I believe that Republicans are looking for something new and he is someone that is seen as someone of the

old Republican party.

Another huge disadvantage that I believe will hurt his campaign is the fact that he has been married three times. I don’t personally see this as an issue because if he is elected I don’t believe it will affect his job but their are several people in the Republican primary that may see this as an issue. He has tried to explain it but I don’t believe that he has done a good job of it so far. I believe that he can get over this but it’s going to take a lot of work to do.

Overall, I don’t believe that he is able or capable of being president. He loves to divide people and I don’t have a good opinion of him at all.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3614061493931230/k2311a0614/6.14.11